For the last couple of years I've been saving up a few bits to have re-chromed and I'd planned to ask London Chroming to do the job seeing as they'd been given excellent reviews from you lovely lot. However, their website has changed and is now essentially a shopfront for Ashford Chroming. Does anyone know if London Chroming still exists and how I might get in touch with them?

Failing that, I will be looking for an alternative supplier with equally good reviews. Any positive recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

No answer on the number I used to call them mid last year. Agree they did a good job.

imagine Old Kent Road premises now worth a fortune as "2 bed luxury flats".

R

Ah yes, Colonnade, I think they were on my original shortlist. Thanks Roger, I'll give them a try.

By the way, it was good to see you at the Kent AGM last night. We didn't get a chance to chat but maybe next time. I'm easy to spot, I'm the youngest guy in the room :)

Glenn

Edited by Glenn_Howard

Glenn

I've bought a couple of things from an eBay vendor called chrome world - might be worth contacting him if you need something. Let me know andill get his details for you. Not sure where he is

Graze

By the way, it was good to see you at the Kent AGM last night. We didn't get a chance to chat but maybe next time. I'm easy to spot, I'm the youngest guy in the room :)

Glenn

Hang on Glenn, I am only 51 1/4

Right having just talked to them London Chroming are still very much in business, The company name has been changed to Capital Chroming and they are still on 02076396434. Their website has been taken over by Ashford chroming who are capitilising on London chroming`s reputation much to their annoyance.

So they are still there and I still rate them as the best.

Stuart.

That's very interesting Stuart.

I sent an email to the address on the website asking them if they were the original London Chroming and received the following reply:

"Yes we have taken over the domain address. The old company sadly closed down".

I'm very pleased to hear that rumours of their demise are premature. I'll mention the above to them when I speak to "Capital".

Austin, I'm seven years younger than you. Not that it's a competition or anything (I win though, right?).

Thanks all

Glenn

Edited by Glenn_Howard

Right having just talked to them London Chroming are still very much in business, The company name has been changed to Capital Chroming and they are still on 02076396434. Their website has been taken over by Ashford chroming who are capitilising on London chroming`s reputation much to their annoyance.

So they are still there and I still rate them as the best.

Stuart.

If they have had there website taken over sorry chap says a lot to me.

If they have had there website taken over sorry chap says a lot to me.

No it doesnt they made a commercial decision and they are currently having a fight with Ashford over their business practices.

Stuart.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update for those interested...

I picked up my rechromed parts from Capital (formerly London) Chroming this morning and they have done an excellent job - my awful originals are now better than new. Their prices are very reasonable too!

Glenn

Glenn

I've bought a couple of things from an eBay vendor called chrome world - might be worth contacting him if you need something. Let me know andill get his details for you. Not sure where he is

Graze

He's in Grays, Essex.

Simon

Just a quick update for those interested...

I picked up my rechromed parts from Capital (formerly London) Chroming this morning and they have done an excellent job - my awful originals are now better than new. Their prices are very reasonable too!

Glenn

Well done. They do a very good job.

Stuart.