Brakes - they work but not well -

While we're on brakes, I might as well throw in the exciting brake failure I had after I had finished doing up the 4A, caused by having the wrong flare on the end of one brake line.

endflares.jpg

Can't remember which one was the one that failed. (Suspect it was ISO, fine for one tighten up, but not for reuse.)

Edited by littlejim

Yep, what I meant was that the one with the LUCAS stamp appears to work and maybe its made differently to the one without the LUCAS stamp on it.

• 10 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as have found a weep from m/cyl after repeated very heavy braking. So need a replacement to run while the old one is resleeved by Pastparts. I dont want to miss getting the 6 to IWE so can anyone recommend a UK source of a pukka ready-to-fit-with-no-messing TR6 brake master cylinder? Or are these bum m/cyls still being let lose on us?

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

TR Shop ones were OK as he wasnt buying from the same place.

Stuart.

Also got mine from the tr shop and works fine 12 months and 2 track sessions

Tim