TRR TR7 MARQUE DAY

Thanks to Kent Group (and in particular TR7 owners Andrew Poynter and Gary Shaw) there will be a 30th Anniversary TR7 Marque day held at the Kent Museum of life in Maidstone on Sunday 15th May.  The marque day is supported by the National TR Register organisation.

There will be a dedicated parking area to display our cars and a BBQ for attendees.

(There is a local charge of £6 per head for admission to the museum and grounds).

To support this event please book it in your diary and contact Andrew/Gary at kentread@btinternet.com to let them know you are coming!

In the days when I rocked and rolled in Canterbury (35 years ago), Kent was a pretty lively place....

Sorry Alec I missed that as I was still in nappies 35 years ago  :laugh:

Glad to hear you are coming and I hope there is a big turnout.

Malcolm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaveBearne

It's also a long way East from south Devon. Would love to attend one, but somewhere in the midlands might make it possible for more people to attend another time.

Dave.

78 FHC in red.

BUt that would put off the Germans, Dutch & French who come to the KENT Weekender and make up circa 25-30%. Would you fancy hauling through Europe and then getting off the Ferry and doing the same again but on our carp roads.

I struggle with Malvern for the same reason. Its 4 hours minimum from Chatham which makes it immpossible to do in one day realistically. And I can't warrant the cost etc of a weekend. And no I'm not whinging and don't want it moved I appreciate its fine for most.

Jim

i did west of salisbury to hull 284 miles in a day, well just over 4 hours, and back again the next (i'm not going to publish the time...) Nowhere's far in a TR! Except i was driving the ageing rover 800. Having come accross two TR conveys resisting above 50mph last weekend I think a bit of right foot may be needed and a TR7v8 has bucket loads :D

Tom

Tom.. As you know, I've been to the West Country TWICE in the last thre weeks: Once to Bigbury, then to The Eden Project.

Total Mileage? Something just over 1500 miles!

Nowhere's far in a TR!

Maxwell :D

Yep i know very well, got driving my TR7 again this friday having sorted out everything, already done 350 miles, smiling most (all) of the way.

If petrol wasnt so expensive I'd of gone even further...

Tom

Nice picture gallery Malcolm. Wish I could have been there for the weekend, it would have been nice to put a few faces to familiar forum names (Maxwell, Cinnobar et al) and to have enjoyed the festivities.

Sadly, Autoroute Express informs me the round trip would have been just over 600 miles. Perhaps one day!!

Well done the Kent group.

Mike

went for the sunny sunday, well burnt  :D  but a good time was had. I've decided to run the car on optimax all the time. I averaged just over 35 to the gallon crusing in the outside lane most of the time. Better mpg than our 2 rovers, the 7 is going to be used even more now  :P

Tom