Triumph's at Classic Le Mans 2014

Hello.

Building on our experience at last Years Le Mans Legends race, I decided it was worth trying to secure a TWO car entry into Classic Le Mans 2014

I am therefore very pleased to report that not only have I been successful in getting the two car entry but there will be at least 6 TR's and a Peerless competing in three different races.

In Grid 2 there are two French TR2's. in Grid 3 there two TR3's and in Grid 4 there is the TRS and the JIgsaw Racing LM Spitfire so there .should be plenty of action both on and off the track for those of you who are going.

Competition will be tough as we are up against Lister Jaguars, Ford GT40's and various Ferrari's but we beat them last time and we hope to do so again.

Our drivers are John Sykes and Barry Sidery-Smith in my TR3S and Richard Bull and Neil Revington in Paul Gerring's TRS.

Penrite Oil have very kindly agreed to part sponsor our entry and we hope to have more news on this front later on when things are confirmed

Both cars are currently being prepared for the race and testing will take place in due course. If anyone would like to know more about when and where this will take place then please get in touch.

Paul Hogan

Michael Cotti Racing

post-2592-0-78967400-1392802824_thumb.jpg

post-2592-0-78967400-1392802824_thumb.jpg

Hi Hogie,

encouraging news for the Triumph spectators, well done.

Your own, the Gerring and Jigsaw cars are all fax machines to a greater or lesser degree, and from what I've seen of French entries previously a nine bob note looks positively pukka in comparison. Are there any original Triumphs still to period specification entered, or is that a thing of the past ?

Cheers

Alec

Hi Alec,

A 9 Franc note would be a better description! Mark Hoble's TR2 is about as close to an original works spec car you can get because at least that runs on drum bakes and original SU carbs etc. Unlike his opposition who had their TR2 on disc brakes, high port head, alternator an 2" SU's but that past scrutineering with no problem - possibly because it was French!

And while we might be running 'fax machines' at least we are getting out there and doing what should be done. - racing a TR! onwards and upwards!

Hogie.

Michael, how could you not know the date of CLM? The race is over the sat/sun of July 5th/6th. We will be there at the circuit for practise etc from the 2nd. Is there a supporters club? Well surely that's what the TRR is for? I will try to keep members posted with news as it happens via the forum and Wayne Scott is going to be helping with PR too.

Hogie.

Hi Menno,

one of my tongue-in-cheek remarks . . . . the expression came about last year. Discussing a grid of so-called 'historic' racers - consisting of replicas, facsimiles, lookalikes, tributes, bitsas, fakes and frauds. Some kind of collective description was required for these various categories of non-original competition cars. Some were honest and upfront cars making no false pretensions to authenticity, nothing wrong with that, whereas others were complete frauds and rather less desirable.

So as none were what I'd call authentic original cars, not by any stretch of the imagination, I coined the term 'fax machines'. It's stuck !

As you know, the two Pauls have tribute cars that are honest and upfront, everyone knows they have nothing to do with the real thing - but they are fine and desirable cars in their own right. More so than the numerous frauds and fakes pretending to be something they are not . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Rayon burns your knees when you haven't got trousers on :wub:B)

Mick Richards