Hi All

My TR5 was not manufactured with an overdrive but a correct A type was fitted by the previous owner.

During my full rebuild I would like the engine bay wiring to be correct. Would the overdrive wiring between the fuse box and bulk head have been incorporated into the main harness or would it have a separate harness.

Also where should the relay be located?

Where would the horn relay have been fitted, I have seen various photos but none consistent.

Cheers

Sean

Sean the overdrive loom is separate to the main loom and can be bought individually along with the switch loom from here http://www.autosparks.co.uk/ Relay should sit on the top of the bracket on the inner wing next to the wiper motor. Originally AFIK there wasnt a horn relay for some reason.

Stuart.

Hi sean, i am pleased that you asked the question, as i am fitting mine, and although i knew about the loom and the whereabouts of the relay fitting..........i was baffled by a post on the tr6 forum,saying there was a horn relay.

So thanks chaps, i now know that there wasnt a horn relay.

Sean, if you want an overdrive relay, i reckon i have a spare,

Cheers,

Conrad.

Thanks all. The previous owners wiring was a mess and I could only find one relay in my boxes and had assumed the one I had was for the horn like my 4A. Like you Conrad I was slightly puzzeled by the TR6 posting. Cheers again.

Was the TR5 fitted with hazard lights?? My non O/D TR250 has a Hazard relay mounted on the top of the bracket near the wiper motor. I suppose a DPO could have moved it as my 6 has the OD relay on top and hazard below.

Cheers

Graeme

L/Hand drive CKD TR5`s built at Malines had hazard warning lights fitted and probably Canley built export L/h ones as well..

Stuart.

• 4 weeks later...