Hi all

joined recently when I decided I wanted to get a TR6 - have been looking around thge forum since.

I had owned a TR6 back in the late 80's early 90's (profile photo) and sold it to free up some cash for house renovations, kids & life in general

well now its time to find another one as a weekend hobby - i need a car which is in reasonable shape cosmetically as I have no bodywork or painting skills, but am happy to do any mechanical work, upgrades or interior trim work

So I started looking at what's for sale in Australia. I looked at all the cars within my price range and really hadn't found what i was looking for, although 1 car interested me but was an English import, owned only to bring over & sell and really had limited recent history other than a 1990 restoration.

During this process I joined the Queenslanfd Triumph club and went to the September meeting where I was warmly welcomed and told of a member who was "toying" with the sale of his TR6.

I followed up after the meeting and was given his contact details and following a short discussion which caught my interest I organised to view the car last weekend. All I knew about it was that he had owned it for 15 years, had it resprayed not long after he bought it and had done minor mechanical upgrades like an electronic ignition and rear telescopic shocks.

When I went to look at it I was surprised to find it was French Blue (like my old car) and it was in immaculate condition - not concourse but original & beautifully maintaned with only 101,000km on the clock.

the more I looked the more I suspected..... and when he said he had a hardtop which he had never used and which had a torn hood lining I knew it was my old car

No surprise I gave him a deposit there and then subject to a few things he was planning to do, a pick up in mid October (as he is lending it to some people coming from the other side of Australia to drive at the national concourse on the first weekend in October in Noosa), and a further inspection and test drive

Really looking forward to being part of the forum and finding out about the small restoration & upgrades i'll need to do to the car

cheers

Graze

Hi Graze and Welcome.

When you will be at Noosa, we will be in Morges for the 22nd Swiss Classic British Car Meeting in our 1958 TR3A.

Coming from Southern Spain I might be the one who has come the furthest. Last time I was there I had to help push a Magenta TR6 who stalled at the entrance, no bother soon got him going.

Dave

Thanks for the welcome guys

Look forward to updating this once I get my hands on her (although she'll be affectionately called Harry after my late father as I found one old shares he gave me which have contributed to the purchase)

Hopefully mid October

Graze