Anyone going?

As the 6 hour race finishes at 10pm on saturday, does anyone know whether people camp nearby, sleep in cars or just leave the circuit and return on sunaday morning?

We're staying in Liege which is about an hours drive away.

Enjoyed the classic in spring, but this may be even better!

Malcolm

Best bet is to go up the village & party all night at the racing hotel, you'll find plenty of drivers & crews there. My personal best is a 7.15am finish, stumble back down the hill for Sunday pitwall duty at 8, after 20 glorious minutes' kip!

Enjoy the meeting, it's the next best to Le Mans & has that proper "big event" atmosphere.

Cheers etc

SPMPW

Hello,

there is a lot to do that weekend in Spa. You have the 6 hours at Francorchamps but also a classic rally the same weekend. It starts Friday evening in Spa and there is a special stage at the karting circuit of francorchamps. The finish is saterday night. more Info at www.coupedessources.be.

there is also a music festival at spa city with several tribute bands.

regards Gauthier

Two Tr4s entered in the six hour myself and Karl Wetherell. Please come along and say Hello. We should be in garage 7 of the old pits. Fantastic weekend although I have never found the party hotel but sounds like I need to.

Brian.

Thanks Brian, I'll certainly call in and say hello, good to have someone to support! Last year at Assen I met Christian Marx and it made watching the racing even more enjoyable.

All the best for the race.

Malcolm

"My personal best is a 7.15am finish, stumble back down the hill for Sunday pitwall duty at 8, after 20 glorious minutes' kip! "

Best is one word for it . . . . . adds a whole new dimension to the morning after the night before ! :P

It is possible to pitch a tent in the bottom car park, over by the stream, but it does get chilly - decent sleeping bag required.

Cheers

Alec

There should be a white TR4 on the 7.30am crossing from Dover to Dunkirk on Friday 20th Sept, heading to Spa for the weekend if all is well, having just returned from the CT 10CR run :). This might just give time for the car to have cooled off! :unsure: Staying in Malmedy somewhere - L'horizon.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sunday evening traffic can be heavy, don't be surprised if you finish up on the next ferry. I've done the run from Spa paddock to Dunkirk check-in several times, best two were each 2hrs 25mins including a fuel stop, but that's pushing hard in heavy traffic in the rain. It's usually nearer 3 hours, and allow time for the dozy check in staff and even worse Customs crew. Great service when it was Norfolkline, but those days are long gone !

Cheers

Alec

It is possible to pitch a tent in the bottom car park, over by the stream, but it does get chilly - decent sleeping bag required.

Cheers

Alec

Thanks Alec, that's one thing that I wanted to know. We may take a tent anyway just in case I don't feel like the drive back to Liege after the race.

We're back Monday afternoon as I want to take the sons to Ypres and Tynecot whilst we're passing.

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

give yourself an extra day, the ferry folk will let you push back the return a day if you ask them.

Attend the evening service at the Menin Gate, Ypres.

Follow some of those innumerable finger post signs to war cemeteries, of which there are hundreds. Tynecot is impressive in itself, but it's only after visiting the constellation of little cemeteries that some idea of scale and context begins to dawn. The pools on the Messines Ridge are also worth a look, but read up on them first.

Cheers

Alec