Repetitive problem with injector.

My 69 keeps fouling the number 5 injector, the normal tapping and pulling plunger with finger nails clears it, but, only temporarily ( 10 / 20 miles ) then it does it again.

Obviously there's some s**t coming in, but from where ? What's the consensus on the best fix., or fixes, for this problem ...... ??

My 69 did the same one last year, it seemed to be bits of it's own rubber seal, and a new injector was the answer for mine!

Have you tried an airline blow gun up its bottom at the right pressure? (80psi I think, but am open to correction)

Worked for me.

Try sending to Mike Bilney. I just got mine back complete with new viton O rings and set to about 60 psi. He will test them as received and report on open and close pressures, cone shape etc. £10 each. One of mine was opening at 35 and lock off pressure was all wrong too.

No connection.

Quentin

Try sending to Mike Bilney. I just got mine back complete with new viton O rings and set to about 60 psi. He will test them as received and report on open and close pressures, cone shape etc. £10 each. One of mine was opening at 35 and lock off pressure was all wrong too.

No connection.

Quentin

Any contact details for Mike

So I've now sent the injectors off to be re- set, the car which I've had since November is fitted with the RIMMER braided injector delivery pipes, I'm hearing mixed reports on these, does anyone have an opinion on these v the original type ?

I had braided hoses and suffered fuel vaporisation problems so I reverted to original nylon and had no further problems. The experience of others is different and that might be down to differences in the bores of the braided ones dependent upon their origin.

I would imagine that your question will prompt further mixed reports :)

Edited by peejay4A

I had braided hoses and suffered fuel vaporisation problems so I reverted to original nylon and had no further problems. The experience of others is different and that might be down to differences in the bores of the braided ones dependent upon their origin.

I would imagine that your question will prompt further mixed reports :)

How would you identify fuel vaporisation happening in the lines, ie symptoms , why would these braided lines cause this to happen,

It appears RIMMER don't supply anything other than braided lines now, can the original style ones be bought as a set complete, ready to attach to the injectors and the MU .

Also, how often would you expect to have the MU serviced. ( seals and wearing parts ).

Nylon injector sets, ready to fit, can be obtained from Prestige Developmentshttp://www.prestigeinjection.net/ There are other suppliers.

I put my vaporisation problems down to either the braiding conducting engine compartment heat then through the nylon into the fuel, or that the inner pipe was of a smaller diameter than the original pipes. I don't know which. The symptoms were that it would start fine from absolute cold but would splutter and f*rt for a good while if starting from hot or warm until the vapour lock cleared.

In 13 years of TR6 ownership I had one refurbished MU shortly after I got the car.

I was recommended to give Mike Bilney a try to set up my injectors, I did, what a nice bloke. They were received today bang on the day he said they would be back, nicely packaged with re- fitting instructions and bleeding instructions. What a refreshing change, somebody who performs the job properly and doesn't take liberties on prices !!

No connection, but would thoroughly recommend him to anyone.

John Cracknell.

Might be worth checking if you have a short banjo fitting.

I Changed the MU unit recently which came with reconditioned valves

One was longer then the other and caused the injector to fail on No2

The longer one (33.65mm) works.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/Lockley210/IMG_8948.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/Lockley210/IMG_8952.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/Lockley210/IMG_8953.jpg

Cheers

Mark

Quentin

It was only because the Injectors were fine before the change, so it must have been the most recent alteration.

I suspect there may be many more out there!!

cheers

Mark

Looking at many of the pics of engine bays a lot of 6s have the braided injector pipes, everybody that has them are either satisfied they are working or wondering if they have a misfire type scenario with these, I am !! ( wondering ) .

If nearly all of them are performing fine what's made some people ( Quentin ) experience this proble ?? .

John.

Quentin

It was only because the Injectors were fine before the change, so it must have been the most recent alteration.

I suspect there may be many more out there!!

cheers

Mark

Looking at many of the pics of engine bays a lot of 6s have the braided injector pipes, everybody that has them are either satisfied they are working or wondering if they have a misfire type scenario with these, I am !! ( wondering ) .

If nearly all of them are performing fine what's made some people ( Quentin ) experience this proble ?? .

John.

i have braided fuel lines from Revington Tr, been on the engine years and never given me any problems.

Had a chat with Neil Revington about them in the past ,I believe all braided hoses are not of the same standard, you get what you pay for <_<

Cheers

Guy