Watermill Carriage Co.

I just wanted to commend Stuart of Watermill Carriage Co. for putting together an interior kit for my TR-2 in the seldom seen Blackberry shade. Very nice match of everflex for the tonneau, leather for the seat faces and capping, and vinyl for the remainder. Sewn nicely by his trimmer, then packed and shipped to Hawaii, and all for a reasonable fee. Having just redone the entire drivetrain and now gotten the interior bits, I will have to wait a bit before I find a local trimmer to put it in, but I now have the raw materials to take my car to the next level.

With all the talk about waning parts quality, it is worth noting there are still craftsmen around who do it right.

Dan

Here you go Frank. Laid out before shipment.

Stuart.

photo0837.jpg

photo0840.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation Dan but credit must also go to my trimmer Les Rennie (Long standing member of the club with a 2 number membership number :) )

That's great, Blackberry..now I know what colour my interior is called. Stuart I need to get some vinyl for my door cards can you tell me what colour to look out for or do I just look for Blackberry vinyl... Or do I have to match the colour/shade side by side.

Regards Louis

You are probably better off just trying tp match the colour as we struggled to get a match with the leather to the vinyl and also the Everflex and I dont think any of them was actually called Blackberry. I used an original piece of un-faded leather trim from underneath the dashtop roll on my TR2 which was Blackberry from new and then went through all the sample cards my trimmer had to try and get a match for all three types of material.

If you can find a bit of un-faded material from behind a panel and send it down I will see if Les can find something to match if thats any help.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Interesting that the factory deleted Blackberry trim early into TR2 production, but recently I met the owner of a BRG 1954 long door TR2 still with its original blackberry interior. Possibly leftover stock gradually dispersed as special orders came in.

Wonderful patina of age with a few cracks in the leather seat facings, but it was all there. Virtually unheard of in sunny Oz for a trim to last 58 years, but this car was parked up for long periods while the owner was on deployments.

Great to see this rare color combination TR2 re-commissioned and running well.

Viv.

For those interested in the blackberry shade, here is a comparison photograph showing my original blackberry sidecurtain, which was a nicely preserved exemplar. Stuart's trim pieces really look like a good match when placed next to the original sample. By the way, I took the attached photo to show the olive yellow of the body, which is another matching endeavor altogether. The sidecurtain saved that too and I cleaned up a spot to get a good sample.

Dan

PICT0001.jpg

Here's a pic of a TR from a Dutch TRRegister member; he was at the IWE this year. I took the pic last June during the International Concours in my home town. IIRC, he won Best of Class. Not sure about the colour of the sidescreens now.

Menno

P1100461.jpg

Edited by Menno van Rij

Wow, the dutch "hotdog cum mustard" trim is quite a sight. I'd rather go for Raymond's powder blue, if you don't mind.

Re- Stuart's TR2 interior, it is great manufacture indeed, but I'd like to make one criticism: the uncovered zipper will leak rain water systemically. It is safer to add a small cover of the same fabric protecting it totally. Ask me how I know ...

Badfrog

Stuart, you have PM.