Vented discs

Interesting post Markus.

I was of the impression that RPVs were 'expensive' , hence ruled out experimenting with them.

Could you point me/us I'd the right direction if you know where to buy them for reasonable money?

Steve

Here ye go Steeve, Billy has O sorts of stuff,and fast service too.

There are two types, a 2psi and a 10 psi

2,s are for fronts

10,s are for rears,ie drums as the spring pressure is greater

But if the TR has a spilt system, then ye may well need 2, 2 and 10

I have it on MC cos I got discs O round,so only need 1

Note, some older tandem set ups already have them fitted as standard as like all new,ns have.

Not only is pedal always solid, but when ye bleeding the brakes, no need for closing nipples off

all ye doo is pump away, as fluid cant come back so no air gets into system.

they a win win win set up.

Markus

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Residual-Pressure-Valve-2-PSI-Black-Brisca-F2-Superstox-Kit-Car-Rally-2PSI-/161014735163?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item257d39e13b

Ohh , you just gotta try thee,s the dogs damglies for weight saving, and cool air around yer brakes.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=39&zenid=brchchj6lutjjehns5jk8nbk77

Edited by GT6M

Thanks Markus

I had a look around earlier and concluded that I'd need one 2psi and one 10psi, as you say.

Shall give them a try and report back :-)

Steve

Harry

I had a car with long pedal travel, and came to the conclusion that the seals in the calipers were gripping the piston slightly and then causing the piston to retract further from the disk than required.

I spent a happy weekend a few weekend ago driving a TR6 with Hi-Spec 4-pot calipers fitted, very impressed.

Cheers

Colin

• 7 months later...

I'm coming back to this after a bit of a gap.

Have a set of heftier stub axles with associated alloy hubs coming, shall try those then add RPVs to front and rear for a controlled test.

Shall also fit new disks and standard mintex pads as before.

This combination, I hope, will remove both pad knock back and and piston retraction effects.

Shall report back.

Steve