engine burbles

Hi Tr addicts :-)

after a fantastic weekend speeding around narrow former Poturguese Rally stages here in the north :-) , my TR (1971 PI), overnight, shows burble symptons that go out at high rev !

Change plugs, all looked ok exept N5 :-), no improvement,all the usual hints perform as expected;contacs, coil, lucas pump, injector pulse,advance and so on .

I'm looking for ethanol on gas, just fill it up yesterday, no aditive.

Is this a common symptom or should I look elsewere ?

Pss the rally stages are all in tarmac but they keept the narrow,thrilling layout :-)

Any member looking for these trill just pm :-)

Everybody know what a burble is like = "Blub Blub Blub". Or in other words running a little bit irregular. I thought all the high performance cars did this at low revs. So you must have a real hot machine.

Check your injector spray pattern as a dribbling one can cause burbling,irregular running,and richness on a cylinder!

Start with no5,it may have picked up a bit of dirt stopping it closing properly.

if you have the type that can be services then take it apart clean it and put it back,if not blow it through with light airline pressure!

Also check dizzy cap contact and plug lead for no5.

thank you for such prompt replys :-)

Driving back home after some burbling the next 100km running smoth :-)

For some time now N 5 cilinder is the one with lowest depressino so slight fouled has being with me for the last two years !

Pilke I will inspect fuel lines for dirt, switch injectors and se if it hapens again, but can ethanol cause the burble ak misfire?

Peter my TR is as comom as you could get back in 71, is just the thrill :-)

Can a faulty prv, ak dirty, cause these burbles .

This something that shows up once in wile so is dificult to asses tha conditions when it occurs :-)

It' like sea electronics, you never know what you gone get :-):-)until yourplace everything :-)

Keep you updated

Hi.

Have you done a compression test??

if you have a slightly leaking valve,as that can cause irregular running,and when it warms up,it seals itself thus making things run ok.