Does anyone know?

Type of fixings for the number plate light in the rear overriders? Bought the car from PO with lights missing , but supplied , without the lamp fixings.

It looks as though they have a special clip onto the overrider, with chrome headed self tapper? Might get something at Stoneleigh if I knew what they looked like?

Thanks

Bob.

Its a spire clip that slips over the each side of the hole where the cutout is. They are a bit difficult to find as they need to be able to cope with the width of the metal, most spire clips are only designed for 18 gauge.

Stuart.

hi bob,

i have come across the same problem this week,if you find a supplier,please could you let me know,

thanks,

conrad.

Thanks guys, Stuart I think also the spire clip has to be one with unequal blade lengths the outer being shorter so it doesn't show.

Conrad will keep an eye out at Stonleigh, maybe get you some also and post to you if it helps? Let me know.

Cheers

Bob.

Hi Bob,

the spire clip is such a simple answer but if not available then grey cells must be engaged.

I made up a plate that fitted over the rubber boot (within the overrider). This had holes that coincided with the self tappers in the lens cover.

It's rather fiddly but works well.

Roger

Cheers all.

Roger had thought of knocking up small ali plates for self tappers to screw into. All the parts lists I've looked at don't show the fixings.

Stoneleigh here we come!

Bob.

They are in the original Stanpart parts book but have been NLA for many years.

Stuart.

hi bob,thanks for the kind offer,i am now going to stoneleigh,so hope to see you there and find the clips.

all the best,

conrad.

Hi Bob, Not sure if this helps but it shows the particular 'spire' clip.

Basically the flat section fits behind the over rider whilst the rounded part fits into the corresponding rounded recess in the over rider. That way the chromed dome that holds the lens can fit down flush on the over rider and the edge of the spire does not protrude beyond the 'wings' of the chrome dome when the secured by the chrome screw.

Saggy

P1010960.jpg

P1010961.jpg

P1010962.jpg

Saggy, many thanks for the pictures. Bob, have found a way around the problem, but thanks for your offer. Those bl**dy c lips are very rare! I'm sure someone will make use of them.

Thanks all

Bob.