Did this piece fall off my TR3?

After a year and a half hiatus, I am back at the TR3 project again. Upon tidying up I found this piece under the car. It was spot welded to some sheet metal. It's made from1/8 steel and has two 1/4 nuts welded to it.. Anyone recognize it or what's left f it? Thanks. Tom

mysteryobject2.jpg

Tom,

It may be a section of lower baffle plate weather seal that fits inside the front wheel arches which stops rain and road crud collecting inside the inner wheel arch/bulkhead area?

See part number 900410 (No 20) in the moss catalogue: http://www.moss-euro...ndexID=1875#top

Cheers

Andrew

More like the re-enforcing plate that goes inside the turret support bar for the body mounting bolts inside the engine compartment.

Stuart.

Thanks for the suggestion, Andrew. The bolt pattern is quite different, however.

Stuart, thanks also. It’s the right size and shape and the bolt pattern is close but it is spot welded to some sheet metal, not turret support stock and those supports are still intact.. It's possible that it came from one of my piles of junk,I suppose, but that wouldn't account for the sheet metal.

Tom

Strengthener for the windscreen stanchion? John.

Good suggestion John, and looking at the photo the hole centres are about 4" and I've just measure the Dzus hole centres on TuRK and guess what, they are 4" - maybe a result Tom!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Perfect John, and thanks Andrew for your diligence. It did not fall off my car but came, apparently, with some used stanchions. Standard junkyard disassembley practice. Glad I don't have to fret about it.

Tom

That is a relief Tom. I figured if that is what it was and it came off your car then it is in worse shape than I had imagined !.

Stan

Stan, It does look a bit frightening! Stuart, Yes the screw type. As I'm sure you know, they can be a bit challenging to remove after fifty years of rusting, which is probably why someone apparently ripped it out with the stanchion. I'd better take a closer look at those stanchions too. Tom