Heritage Trust

A Warm Christmas Greeting To You All.

I have just received my Brutish Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate.

Interesting reading as per my V5C, my TR6 was first registered on the 3rd March 1973, so missing out on the free road tax.

The Heritage Trust Certificate, also confirms this date, but also shows the build date, which is the 2nd January 1973.

I have contacted the DVLA and because the dates are so close (cut off date 1st Jan 1973), they will change the tax class, making it a tax exempt TR6, Happy Days !!!

Just wanted to share this good news.

Steve

First time I have heard of that, I bet many other "close to the cut off, but the wrong side" Trruimph owners are now green with envy!!

No doubt they have to allow for a few overlap days for bank hols!

It was either started on 2/1/73 or completed on that day as it had been stuck on the line over the 1972 Xmas/NY hols, looks like they are using common sense to me.

When does it get an identity,when does the official build date paper trail take effect??

At the beginning of the production line or at the end when its signed off build complete for despatch??

Edited by PILKIE

How reassuring to know that British common sense and a sense of fair play still prevails in some quarters of our rapidly changing island! Excellent! :)

A Warm Christmas Greeting To You All.

I have just received my Brutish Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate.

Interesting reading as per my V5C, my TR6 was first registered on the 3rd March 1973, so missing out on the free road tax.

The Heritage Trust Certificate, also confirms this date, but also shows the build date, which is the 2nd January 1973.

I have contacted the DVLA and because the dates are so close (cut off date 1st Jan 1973), they will change the tax class, making it a tax exempt TR6, Happy Days !!!

Just wanted to share this good news.

Steve

Hi Steve

what chassis number do you have, mine is very similar date and is number CR9600

Hi Chaps,

I can write with very bitter experience of this! My six was registered on Jan 5th 1973 and it took ages to get DVLA to accept that it couldn't possibly have been built and registered in 5 days.

I don't want to be pesimistic Scorpio but unless this has actually happened, it will not be a done deal!!, from what I can see the last CP 6 built in 1972 was CP77718 and the last CR was CR664. I don't think Yorkie has a cat in hell's chance of getting his tax exempt!

Scoprio, if your car is outside of these production figures, I would strongly suggest that you get down to the DVLA and get something on paper if you are just relying on a phone call, they will want to see the car.

Just to explain my own experience, they said no at first, I got the heritage cert confirming it was built Sept 1972 and they then accepted it with relectance, when the papers came back from DVLA they had altered the registration date to November 1972!!!!!!!!

They just write their own rules

Good luck with it, it's high time they altered the dates now anyhow to bring later cars into the scheme

Regards

Tom

Hi Chaps,

I can write with very bitter experience of this! My six was registered on Jan 5th 1973 and it took ages to get DVLA to accept that it couldn't possibly have been built and registered in 5 days.

I don't want to be pesimistic Scorpio but unless this has actually happened, it will not be a done deal!!, from what I can see the last CP 6 built in 1972 was CP77718 and the last CR was CR664. I don't think Yorkie has a cat in hell's chance of getting his tax exempt!

Scoprio, if your car is outside of these production figures, I would strongly suggest that you get down to the DVLA and get something on paper if you are just relying on a phone call, they will want to see the car.

Just to explain my own experience, they said no at first, I got the heritage cert confirming it was built Sept 1972 and they then accepted it with relectance, when the papers came back from DVLA they had altered the registration date to November 1972!!!!!!!!

They just write their own rules

Good luck with it, it's high time they altered the dates now anyhow to bring later cars into the scheme

Regards

Tom

Tom I tend to agree with you.I do not think he will get away with it good luck if he does,when it comes to moving the car on ???? would be asked

Hi Neil

I think once its' done .it's done! I don't think that they will ever look at it again once it says "historic" on the V5c, like you I wish Scorpio all the luck in the world with this, it would be interesting to see if he pulls it off

Happy Christmas to all!!

Tom

Hi Neil

I think once its' done .it's done! I don't think that they will ever look at it again once it says "historic" on the V5c, like you I wish Scorpio all the luck in the world with this, it would be interesting to see if he pulls it off

Happy Christmas to all!!

Tom

How can the mot and insurance say 1973 and the car be deemed historic?

Historic is based on the date of manufacture, not the date of registration, any car built before 31st December 1972 will qualify as "historic" providing the owner can prove a build date from a recognised third party i.e. BMHT As an example the TR6 I mentioned earlier was built in September 1972 but not registered until January 1973.

There are lots of 1973 registered cars that were sat around in showrooms from 1972, anyone with a car registered up to say June 1973 should check when it was actually built, they may be paying road tax for nothing

Tom

Hi Guys

Thanks for the interest.

I will be going to my DVLA office in early January.

I will up date this post then, both my legs and arms are crossed, they have indicated that my car details will be changed.

Merry Christmas To You All

Steve