TR2/3 Temperature Gauge.

I am in the same position as Tom .

I understand they refurb the "guts" of the gauge clean it and respray or plate the outer casing,

and in the case of a capillary sort that.

But in the case of my temp gauge, the Po back in the early 1990 s fitted a paper cover to the gauge face, which probably

looked good for a few years.

Now however it was curled on the edges and rather faded, looked a mess, having removed

the paper there is nothing left of the previous black face as its ben sanded back to the metal, i supose to allow the adhesive to fully

adhere.

Anyone sent a gauge for repair like this?, cant it be sorted?

Cheers

GUY

Edited by Jersey Royal

You could always just give them a ring and ask. They can only say no (or words to that effect :wacko: )

Stuart.

Tom, to answer your question, yes I have an electric TR4 temp gauge in the 3A and it's been trouble free. They need a 128484 voltage stabilizer spliced into the loom - preferably a modern electronic type rather than the old bi-metal original.

The voltage stabilizer was used in TR4/4A looms for the temp and fuel gauges.

Regards,

Viv.

Yes i will do, i just wondered on others experience.

Cant be the only one to have had a gauge with cra*y paper dial covers

Cheers

Guy

For Info

Spoke to Speedy, have to say the person i spoke to was vague .I suppose they have many different types to deal with.

There advise sent to them in Wales with a note and they will see what can be done. Fair enough.

I would gladly sent it to them if i knew it would come back with a new face, but theres a chance it would come back as is.

Post from here to Uk and back is a pretty shabby service lately. So that gauge will go in the spares bin.

Anyway think i have my mits on a replacement

Cheers

Guy

Good Luck Tom, and have a Happy Holiday

Edited by Jersey Royal