TR8 for sale - price £171,000!

Not expensive, in my opinion, at least in comparison to the asking prices of some supposedly historic TRs with competition history.

Offhand, I can't recall many other competition TRs with a comparable record of success in period.

As far as I'm aware, this one remains in authentic original condition, not rebuilt, as raced in period - and it does have impeccable provenance. Precious few ex-competition TRs of note would bear comparison in any of those departments.

It would be quite something to see it raced again in competent hands.

Cheers,

Alec

:wub::wub::wub:

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIN HELL thats the first time Neil has been speachless :P

Edited by Clarkey

Doubt the Group 44 car is anything like either chalk or cheese, Neil . . . . :P

Now if you're talking going like sh*t on steroids off a steam shovel, then you might be nearer the mark ! :D

By all accounts at the time, it handled superbly - it would be more than interesting to drive as a comparison to the Le Mans car. The LM car had probably 25-30% net power and torque advantage, a 60kg weight handicap and 4 rather than 5 gears, but had to be fought through the bends lumbering and lurching - only when it straightened up did it look like a serious race car. Until such time as the LM car's handling is properly sorted, it probably couldn't get near the Group 44 TR8.

Cheers,

Alec