Good day in the garage

A good day in my garage today ( day off !)

Fitted the Racetorations telescopic kit and front shocks, very straightforward job and noticeable handling improvement even before the polybushes go in.

Turned my attention to the cooling system in the afternoon. Replaced all the hoses, removed fan and replaced pulley, need the full force of the 450nm impact wrench to get that off!

Fitted electric fan.

Still need to flush system and wire the fan, job for sat am :-)

Steve

A good day in my garage today ( day off !)

Fitted the Racetorations telescopic kit and front shocks, very straightforward job and noticeable handling improvement even before the polybushes go in.

Turned my attention to the cooling system in the afternoon. Replaced all the hoses, removed fan and replaced pulley, need the full force of the 450nm impact wrench to get that off!

Fitted electric fan.

Still need to flush system and wire the fan, job for sat am :-)

Steve

Steve, you got a lot done in one day !. Did you also replace the little heater hoses on the other side of the bulkhead ?

Stan

Good bit of work done there Steve, and glad to hear you sorted out the brakes, always useful! :)

If you wish you can pop over and drive VUX this afternoon (or next weekend/whenever) to see how a well set-up TR6 drives on polybushes, allowing you to make an informed decision.

Cheers

Andrew

PS - be warned though, my bloody cold has come back, again!!

Steve

Don't put off the polybush installation because of comments made elsewhere this week. It realy isn't that bad. Good luck.

Dave McD

Thanks for the encouragement Dave.

I do want to fit the bushes, they're definitely needed!, but am put off by the comments.

Will review!

Steve

Steve, you got a lot done in one day !. Did you also replace the little heater hoses on the other side of the bulkhead ?

Stan

They're on the lust for thus morning Stan, bucket at the ready!

Cheers

Andrew

PS - be warned though, my bloody cold has come back, again!!

Thanks Andrew

I'm off to New York this week so let's meet up when I'm back.

Steve

Further progress finishing off the new hoses and electric fan today.

Blimey those heater hoses are little ba$tards !

incredibly difficult to get them off, had to hacksaw one of the 40 year old jubilee clips off !

The new hoses went on well, but i had a leak from the corroded bulkhead junction of the heater pipes.

I thought i would need to get a new one, and Moss not answering the phone, but with some perseverance the new pipe went further over the rusty old junction pipe and i think the leak is fixed :-)

flushed the system and filled with anti-freeze mix.

Made a temporary setup to test the electric fan, and its all working great !

Took the big motorbike out for a spin, ended up at Halfords buying wire for the new fusebox / relaybox setup.

Did a bit of wiring on the bench, pleased with the results, what do you think ??

Steve

Unfortunately to my way of thinking crimp on terminals used on a classic car are a big no no.

They did not exist when the car was built and to my eye are very offensive.

Why not take a little time and do the job properly with soldered Lucar terminals and covers which are easily available from numerous sources on the net.

I know I am being picky but it is one of my pet hates.

John

Unfortunately to my way of thinking crimp on terminals used on a classic car are a big no no.

They did not exist when the car was built and to my eye are very offensive.

Why not take a little time and do the job properly with soldered Lucar terminals and covers which are easily available from numerous sources on the net.

I know I am being picky but it is one of my pet hates.

John

Absolutely. First sign of damp and you will be on here asking why this or that isnt working. Autosparks can supply you correct solder on Lucar connectors and covers , also they do the correct coloured wire as well so you can identify what everything is years down the line. ;)

Stuart.