WHERE ARE YOU RACING THIS YEAR?

Ok the season is soon to start but where to go?we have fragmented into several uk championships in the past few years .

It would be good to race with several other TRs as we all get on so well,but where to go?

Josh we are not all going to CLIOS so good luck there and give them hell.We will all be following your progress at the track or on tv.

ROY

As the Brands GP track is not available for vintage cars, my calender looks like this:

Assen

Zandvoort

Spa

Oschersleben

Nordschleife

Dijon

Nurburgring GP track

Hope that my 4 will take that schedule and don't murmur too much.

Cheers

Chris

Chris the Brands GP holds races for classics HSCC Superprix,Masters series, but these are for fia or very simlar spec cars

ROY

Edited by roy53

Chris the Brands GP holds races for classics HSCC Superprix,Masters series, but these are for fia or very simlar spec cars

ROY

I was very lucky when the CSCC entered on the GP track in 2008 with me onboard and other drivers from the German Triumph Competition.

Was a great event to share the track with the WTCC. From what the spectators said, the old cars were the real stars on that weekend.

I wouldn't go to Brands for the Indy version, as the best part of the track is left out.

Cheers

Chris

CSCC Swinging 60s inc. Spa and the 'Ring, thouhg I may not be at either.

See: http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/calendar.htm

Several other Triumphs, I hope, but don't know about TRs.

Why not join in?

John

Spa we do with the CSCC and they organize it.

And the Ring is organized by the Triumph Compet. and the CSCC slips in.

Specially the Ring will be a big event with loads of Triumph cars of all kinds and Kas Kastner as main attraction besides the track itself.

I hardly can wait for it to happen.

Cheers

Chris

Jon i have a new 4 pot so beware!

I have descided to do the swinging 60s this season as the new 4 that i built last year for class B thoroughbreds ( due to their rule changes in november ) will only be alowed in class C along with all the big engines upto 4.2 so dont fancy that.

The 5 is ready ( nearly ) but as it is only +60 thou and has a roof / screen / wheels inside the body work etc as the new requirements by thoroughbreds i will save it for next year when everyone has to run in this spec ( another late rule change in november ) and we have a level playing field.

Love racing

Hate the politics and associated ****':angry:

ROY

The people from Swinging Sixties (CSCC) are really great guys to race with.

Hard competitors but they respect each other and that what makes it fun to be with them.

Cheers

Chris

Jon i have a new 4 pot so beware!

I have descided to do the swinging 60s this season as the new 4 that i built last year for class B thoroughbreds ( due to their rule changes in november ) will only be alowed in class C along with all the big engines upto 4.2 so dont fancy that.

The 5 is ready ( nearly ) but as it is only +60 thou and has a roof / screen / wheels inside the body work etc as the new requirements by thoroughbreds i will save it for next year when everyone has to run in this spec ( another late rule change in november ) and we have a level playing field.

Love racing

Hate the politics and associated ****':angry:

ROY

Tell me about the Politics - Like you say all cobblers.

I'm 50/50 on whether they will impose the roof on all (exempt only if registered in that car last year, so TR4 not allowed in C this year even if I sleeved it down!), they allowed it to be in Invitation (as I said it would just be mugged in D just for having a slightly larger bore!!) - 50/50 on whether I'll run it though bat Jigsaw (be nice to have it back on the road in next few weeks - only been 5 years (almost)).

Maybe I'll end up with 3 class D cars! i.e. just come out to race for fun (I never get round to doing enough rounds for all that champioship stuff or trapsing up north for round :)), it is the fun on the day that matters (imho).

If the 5 has a roof and is basically all done what is wrong with racing against some with and some without roofs - it is the weight at the end of the day. I'm in too minds as to any benefit a roof might have in aero vs slight extra weight - I don't think there is anything in it - it is just that they want the cars to look more "street", which is daft as apart from that the rules allow a fair bit of modding without going as far as modsports.

Good stuff on the new 4 pot - any pic's spec? Close race then :) Maybe do a rain dance......!

Edited by jellison

Jon

Politics - Don't get me going!!

If the cars are required to be more "street" I wonder why some of those with wooden framed bodies in Class C arrive at the circuit with screens and hardtops on, then remove them to race, before replacing them to travel home. No, our trouble is that our car name starts with a T instead of an M.

Just received CSCC entry forms for Snetterton. Huge increase in fees from last year.

Dave McD

Yep pricy entry fee - ouch. I feel like I'm personally paying for the extra tarmac of the Snett300 circuit. Sent it in anyhow though.

Will be nice to see more TRs and old friends out in the Swinging Sixties, but on an entirely selfish note if you could all bring out your sixes and race in the 60's big engine race that would be very helpful. Us little engine Spits and Spites have been rather enjoying being at the front of the 60's small engine group in 2010 and hope for it to continue ;o)

Cheers

Andy V

Swinging 60s Spitfire

Jon

Politics - Don't get me going!!

If the cars are required to be more "street" I wonder why some of those with wooden framed bodies in Class C arrive at the circuit with screens and hardtops on, then remove them to race, before replacing them to travel home. No, our trouble is that our car name starts with a T instead of an M.

Just received CSCC entry forms for Snetterton. Huge increase in fees from last year.

Dave McD

:D - yep it is all Balls. I'm (slowly) learning to just roll with it!

Saw the CSCC price somewhere else - there is much better value races about if you want to try the new 300 track out for ALOT less per lap ;)