1/18 Scale TR6 Model

Has anyone ever seen a 1/18 Scale Diecast model of a TR6?

I've seen 1/43rd scale models (albeit not with wire wheels) But never a 1/18 scale.

I keep looking in diecastlegends.com Catalogues, they seem to have every other type of sports car but not a 'Sixer' Bah!

I guess if enough of us wanted one, Die Cast Legends could pursued one of their many suppliers such as Kyosho (who make a great Healy 3000) or Model-Icons (who make a great Jag Mkll) or NOREV (who make a great Capri 2.8i) or SunStar or AUTOart etc...

Denis, the TR6 in 1/18 is made by ERTL in 3 different colours,BRG, Royal Blue, and Burgundy Red. A good shop should be able to get them, exeption maybe the BRG what seems to have been a limited edition

Have a look at the Dutch Ebay site: MARKTPLAATS.NL under Hobby en Vrije tijd there is an ERTL TR6 in red. was at 28 Euros, maybe it's still available

Edited by jean

Denis,

Further to what Jean motes there is also one made by "Britains" and there is one on ebay at present at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITAINS-COLLECTIBLES-1973-TRIUMPH-TR6-1-18-SCALE-/170566642519

The one that I have has British Motor Heritage on it as well as Britains so maybe the Heritage Centre at Gaydon wil sell them in their shop.

Derek.

Hi Denis.

The ones you are after are the Britains Collectables,which were the British Motor Heritage official merchandise. "ERTL"

I have 2 still boxed,1 red,1 dark blue that I collected a while ago.

I already have a red one in my display case,so I could be persuaded to sell the boxed red one.

If you are interested pm me for a chat.

Dave

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

Edited by PILKIE

Jean,

You are absolutely correct. Mine is the dark blue one with the registration no SBU 523M which is of course the number of the French Blue TR6 in the Heritage Centre. As well as ERTL it has 1974 TR6 on the bottom. Mine has been sitting on the top of a cupboard for so long I forgot that I had it until I read Denis's post.

Derek

Hi Denis.

The ones you are after are the Britains Collectables,which were the British Motor Heritage official merchandise. "ERTL"

I already have a red one in my display case,so I could be persuaded to sell the boxed red one.

Dave

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

Thanks, but I need a White one with wire wheels! Funny thing is when I was looking for the real thing (actual car) back in 1972 I wanted a Red one, but everyone I went to look at was white! Doh! I was off of a white car as my previous car was a white TR4, as we all know it shows every spot of dirt! But I have learned to love her after all these years now, and think the white and black shows off it's styling better than darker colours.

Thanks, but I need a White one with wire wheels! Funny thing is when I was looking for the real thing (actual car) back in 1972 I wanted a Red one, but everyone I went to look at was white! Doh! I was off of a white car as my previous car was a white TR4, as we all know it shows every spot of dirt! But I have learned to love her after all these years now, and think the white and black shows off it's styling better than darker colours.

1:18 scale wirewheels are available to order from Grand Prix Models which will replace the ones fitted to the diecasts. They are not cheap but are very impressive.

Rodders.

Jean,

You are absolutely correct. Mine is the dark blue one with the registration no SBU 523M which is of course the number of the French Blue TR6 in the Heritage Centre. As well as ERTL it has 1974 TR6 on the bottom. Mine has been sitting on the top of a cupboard for so long I forgot that I had it until I read Denis's post.

Derek

I have exactly the same one Derek, including the same number plate SBU 532M.....is this a ringer?..... :lol:

Tony

Hi Denis.

Dave

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

Hi

Have sent u a PM

Tony

Thanks, but I need a White one with wire wheels!

Snap. I could do with the same. But for added authenticity, do the do versions with widening gaps at the tops of the doors? :lol::lol::lol:

• 9 months later...