Hi all,

I have wired up a headlamp flasher on my 4a but cannot find a suitable switch which needs to be about 75mm long

any suggestions for a supplier please

many thanks Lee

Hi

I have a TR3A with a r&p conversion using the top end of the TR4 set up, so the same as yours. I found the foot operated dipswitch very awkward to use, (handbrake lever at the side of the gearbox tunnel and clutch pedals in the way)and as I dont drive the car that often at night it wasnt really a problem. However I am signed up for the RBRR, so that set me thinking about changing the set up.

I purchased an alternative Triumph (spitfire I think) light stalk with a built in headlamp flasher facility. I am rerouting the wiring and incorporating relays accordingly in order to byepass the foot operated dip switch, such that the spitfire light switch acts as headlamp flasher and dip switch in one unit, on the steering column stalk. It fits the housing and escutcheon as its the same dimensions as the TR4 switch - no additional panel switches needed. Your wiring may be slightly different, but I've got a second spare switch/light stalk if it would help?

Hope it helps

Cheers

Ian

Hi

I have a TR3A with a r&p conversion using the top end of the TR4 set up, so the same as yours. I found the foot operated dipswitch very awkward to use, (handbrake lever at the side of the gearbox tunnel and clutch pedals in the way)and as I dont drive the car that often at night it wasnt really a problem. However I am signed up for the RBRR, so that set me thinking about changing the set up.

I purchased an alternative Triumph (spitfire I think) light stalk with a built in headlamp flasher facility. I am rerouting the wiring and incorporating relays accordingly in order to byepass the foot operated dip switch, such that the spitfire light switch acts as headlamp flasher and dip switch in one unit, on the steering column stalk. It fits the housing and escutcheon as its the same dimensions as the TR4 switch - no additional panel switches needed. Your wiring may be slightly different, but I've got a second spare switch/light stalk if it would help?

Hope it helps

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply, I am happy with the foot operated dip switch and have fitted a flasher switch on the column shroud next to the O/D switch as I have the light switch on the dash as TR4 set up, the switch I have for the flasher is a flick type but is only about 25mm long and is difficult to reach so I need one about 75mm long and have looked everywhere but can't seem to locate a supplier.

best regards Lee

Lee,

The TR4A should have a flasher switch built in to the standard lighting switch on the column.

Graeme

Lee,

The TR4A should have a flasher switch built in to the standard lighting switch on the column.

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, but I have the light switch mounted on the dash as the 4 not sure why but I like it

Best regards Lee