PRV mounted in boot?

Graham

I have done exactly that as per the drawing.

What i would advise is that you also plumb the return fuel from the metering unit back into the tank as per the later TR6s so that the pump is feed only cooler fuel.

Hi Graham

Mine is in the boot as per the drawing... I take it yours must be an 'early' built example to have it elsewhere(?) I think you did once tell me the comm. no. - mine is 2366...

Hope all is well...

Brgds

I prefer mine underneath.It makes it so easier for service works and the petrol spillage which results, outside of the boot area.I know you have to jack up the TR and place on axle stands.but I still prefer it.My Bosch pump is also underneath.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

I prefer mine underneath.It makes it so easier for service works and the petrol spillage which results, outside of the boot area.I know you have to jack up the TR and place on axle stands.but I still prefer it.My Bosch pump is also underneath.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

Hello Harry,

any chance of a photo of your installation "Underneath" and have you made your tank outlet pipe to 8mm as I read was reccommended somewhere, and more, do you use a catch tank, or coil of fuel pipe to eliminate poor feed problems when low on juice?

Hi Peter,

I will take a photo tomorrow and post.I have a stainless fuel tank which should have had baffles and built in swirl pot but is the same as the early TR5 and I get the same problems when low on fuel.Bit too late to take back now.May have to do some sort of deal with the constructer to change.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter