Total entries to date; 27.

TR entries to date; 6.

Mike Hazlewood TR4 Class B

Dave Bailey TR4 " B

Eddy Driver TR2 " B

Roy Chamberlain TR3b " B

Alan Charlton TR6 Class C

Pete Dumelow TR6 " C

Look forward to your support at this pictureresque circuit in the heart of Cheshire, will update entries and timetable for Qualifying and Race.

If anyone requires further information on our championship you can visit the Thoroughbred website; www.thoroughbredsportscars.net

Thoroughbred Sportscar race " Round two " Oulton Park SAT 9th MAY

UPDATE

Race Qualifying; 11.40 am

Race ; Approx 5.00 pm

Steve Chapman, addition to previous listing Class B TR4.

That makes 7 TR,s out of 29 on the grid. Other cars entered, 10 Morgans

7 MGB V8 GT,s

2 Jaguar D.Type reps

1 MGA twin cam

1 TVR Griffith

1 Alfa Romeo GTV

All the TR drivers will look forward to you support.

b*****. I've got to go to London that day. Have a good race chaps. ARe you back at Oulton later in the year?

Mal

A pity you'll miss the race, but as I consolation, I can recommend going to Oulton the following weekend for the Vintage Sports Car Club meeting.

It's always a great day with plenty of interesting cars (in the paddock and parked around the circuit).

Regards

Peter

Not a brilliant film, because (a) I took it on a phone and ( B) because I'm still under instruction from my 16 year old daughter :huh: on how to use it, but you might want to see this:

Regards

Peter

Edited by dykins

Results from Round 2 Oulton Park 9th May 09.

6 Drivers made Qualifying unfortunately Dave Bailey TR4 did not get his car ready after a major engine rebuild following problems from last season.

Mike Hazlewood TR4 Time; 2.04.701 Class B pole Grid Possition 9th

Alan Charlton TR6 " 2.04.924 " C " " 10th

Steve Chapman TR4 " 2.06.928 " B " " 15th

Roy Chamberlain TR3b " 2.10.227 " B " " 18th

Eddy Driver TR2 " 2.21.074 " B " " 23rd

Pete Dumelow TR6 " 2.24.165 " C " " 24th

Eddy encountered overheating problems and did not start the race, Bad luck

Pete's first ever race qualifying. Well done

Race Results,

Mike Hazlewood 7 th overall 1st in class B

Steve Chapman 11th overall 2nd in class B Awarded ( Driver of the day )

Alan Charlton 12th overall 5th in class C

Roy Chamberlain 14th overall 3rd in class B

Pete Dumelow 19th overall 9th in class C

Round 3 will take place on 25th MAY at Castle Combe , Unfortunately this clashes with the JIGSAW Triumph invitation race at Mallory Park where there is a big entry of Traditional TR,s Competing.

Thanks Alec

Ive been following the jigsaw site, but hadn't checked for a couple of days.

Top line up, hope there is lots of support for these guys, all turning up in there motors. How about making this a must go to event and have the register involved in conjunction with all the hard work that jigsaw and the swinging sixty's series put in.

Good venue

Central location

The drivers obviously support it

Competition good

Parking all around track

Open paddock

Hope to see lots more there than last year

Alan Coote

Hi Alan,

entry list on the Jigsaw website . . . . http://www.jigsawracingservices.co.uk/jigracemallory09.htm

Cheers,

Alec

Alec - I best not comment ;)

Should be Jonathan's Race from that entry if Mike does not bring the 6 out and no Mark Campbell?!!

Edited by jellison

Hi Alan,

it looks like a very good turnout, and I'm delighted to see Mark and Jo's efforts so well rewarded.

However, I still thinks it's a pity, and an error of judgement, that the Wedges are excluded - and that exclusion makes it very difficult for any Triumph club catering for all of the TR range to effectively support the meeting.

But then it's not a Triumph club event, it's a Jigsaw race, and risk - and he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Cheers,

Alec

Oop I was wrong Mark C is in the race - he should easily be the man to beat, judging by his pace at Brands last week!

His fastest lap should give me something to aim for when I go back there in a month or so.

I am on Mark and Joe's side with no V8 thing.

Hi

Your'e right about Mark Campell.

He kept the Lotus 7 at bay for about thirty seven of the forty minute race and was finally jumped with two and a half laps to go.

It was close all the way and was the best race of the day.

Lee

Hi

Your'e right about Mark Campell.

He kept the Lotus 7 at bay for about thirty seven of the forty minute race and was finally jumped with two and a half laps to go.

It was close all the way and was the best race of the day.

Lee

Pity the fight did not go right to the line but cracking race - the Lotus was SO fast (Brands the perfect track for it though). Mark was wellunder the Thoroughbred Class C lap record! Hence why I think he will walk the Jigsaw race.

Well done Mark and Jo, what an excellent turnout for your race.

I hope we get a good turnout of TR register members supporting all your efforts and for the drivers who I know have been looking forward to this event all season even if there are no TR7/8 cars out there.

I am also hoping that maybe a couple of 4 cylinders cars might be able to challenge the 6 cylinder cars for a good race towards the front.

Yes I will be in my 4 Jon.

Hopefully I'll be out at the Snett race - won't be with the Bloody CSCC.

Will all the stuff we have no on the car I think I could have at least given Mark a close run.

Have a good one Mike.

Dear Mike,

Just a quick note to say I filmed the 2nd Round of the Thoroughbred S C Chhampionship at Oulton Park on Sat 9th May while representing the MG Cockshhot Cup runners (25th Birthday) Filming took place with cars through Cascades and over Hill Top into Nickerbrook. Could you let all drivers know of this film. (http://www.vfsvideos.co.uk/mg.htm) Regards Graham.