TR5/6 Accelerator Assemble

If anyone has a left hand drive PI accelerator pedal assembly, I need one. Please PM me if you would like to sell it. Regards

Try Carl at TR Trader.

TRTRADER@aol.com

However, not aware that the PI/carb assy was any different, but them I'm not aware of a lot of things :unsure:

Ivor

Hi,

They are quite different, the RHD pedal has a large pressing in it to clear the rest of the pedals, the LHD item goes straight through the bulkhead and has a lever clamped onto it.

As previous post, carb LHD system works on rods and levers, the RHD PI versions work on a cable system. There is no connection to fit a cable system to a LHD pedal assy. You would need to devise a quadrant and throttle stop.

Hope this helps,

Having just re-read the original request, you seem to know what you need. Apols, I've never had or even seen one.

Chris

Edited by Chris Mountford

Yes, there is a difference between the carb & PI models w/regards to the pedal assemblies.

I thought I came across a thread either here or on another site that mentioned a lhd Spitfire accelerator pedal is the same as the PI setup - although if this was specific to a particular series of Spit, I can't recall.

As mentioned earlier, the accelerator pedal rod is mounted to the clutch/brake box and to the bulkhead. The rod is rather short (about 4-5 inches long). I know this isn't much to go on, but maybe it will help.

Cheers...

Just looking in the Moss book and there are LHD pedals, and RHD pedals ( both for PI ) As was mentioned earlier the carb version used shafts and linkages and I have seen a couple of TR250's that have been modified, but its really a dogs breakfast. Cable acctuation is the way to go, with either a LHD pedal from a PI 5 or 6, or in my case, i used the pedal assembly out of an early Spitfire, not sure what the exact year was, but it's cable operated, and bolts up to the bulkhead without to much fiddling...

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I have the Spit pedal, and can fabricate something from it. However, I would rather find a TR5/6 CND if I could. I think I have found some, but, they are not for sale.

Hi TR6 Poor,

This is what a a LHD PI acc. pedal looks like. The bracket was bent a little when I took the photo. It took me two years to get hold of one. I am converting a RHD pi to LHD pi hence why I have one.

Kind Regards,

post-1267-1227459911_thumb.jpg

Hi TR6 Poor,

This is what a a LHD PI acc. pedal looks like. The bracket was bent a little when I took the photo. It took me two years to get hold of one. I am converting a RHD pi to LHD pi hence why I have one.

Kind Regards,

I finally found one in a far away galaxy, so it would seem. The rarest part for LHD PI.

• 4 months later...
If anyone has a left hand drive PI accelerator pedal assembly, I need one. Please PM me if you would like to sell it. Regards

I have converted my tr6 to Lucas P.I. and am looking for a LHD pedel also. I took a RHD pedel and added a bracket to the left hand side of the pedel box to make iot work. It looks more like the RHD configuration but reversed. It wooks, but I would like a LHD as you acquired. Can yours be replicated by a shop for me??? TR Traded can not find one. I asked Carl over a year ago. The Roadster factory has one off the owners TR250 that they were possibly going to replicate for me but never got back. Any chance of getting a metal fabrication shop to make me a duplicate of yours???

Tony in CA. foreane@sbcglobal.net Thanks.

Hi TR6 Poor,

Kind Regards,

Is it possible to get some measurements from your original so i can fabricate this pedel? What is the angle of the main bar as it turns to the cable attachment. What are the distances of the tranverse bar that suspends the pedel. What is the distance of the carter pin hiole from the center of the pedel bar. Length of the pedel bar from pedel to bend and acellerator cabel end to same bend. Thanks. Tri-6.

Is it possible to get some measurements from your original so i can fabricate this pedel? What is the angle of the main bar as it turns to the cable attachment. What are the distances of the tranverse bar that suspends the pedel. What is the distance of the carter pin hiole from the center of the pedel bar. Length of the pedel bar from pedel to bend and acellerator cabel end to same bend. Thanks. Tri-6.

Hello there; I have converted my LHD tr6 to a P.I. car. I took a RHD acellerator pedal and modified it to work on my LHD car. It looks like a reversed engineered RHD set-up. But I too am looking for a LHD P.I. pedal. I have come across someone who I believe will supply me with blueprint measurements for the original LHD acellerator pedal so I can fabricate one. Using an original LHD carb. acellerator pedal it should be an exact replica. Would you be interested in a pedal if I can get some made> Let me know, Tony (tri-6) foreane@sbcglobal.net

I have all the measurements for an early TR6 LHD PI pedal. If you provide me with an E-mail address I can send all in a 3/4 page PDF file :unsure:

Beware it's all in metric ;)

Thanks so much: My e-mail adress is foreane@sbcglobal.net. Tony.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read your message and have also converted my tr6 to a LHD P.I. model. I could also not find an original pedal for my application. I made one from plans taken from an original acellerator pedal. It's as an exact replica as I can fabricate in my garage. Are you still interested in one? Let me know. Tony (tri-6)

I have read your message and have also converted my tr6 to a LHD P.I. model. I could also not find an original pedal for my application. I made one from plans taken from an original acellerator pedal. It's as an exact replica as I can fabricate in my garage. Are you still interested in one? Let me know. Tony (tri-6)

Tony,

How much are you asking?

Thanks, Mike

Tony,

How much are you asking?

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike; I have no clue as to how much they might be worth. I thought of putting one of them on e-bay and seeing what it might bring. An original emissions label just went for 101.00 dollars on e-bay, who would have known. Tony