Correct seats for sure, and Peerless seats look nice in principle . . . until you try sitting in them !!

As for $14,995 ? Ambitious is a word that springs to mind ;)

Total restoration ? You bet.

I wish I could share the vendor's optimism as to the state of the body and chassis, but experience thus far with our Peerless suggests otherwise . . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alec

Correct seats for sure, and Peerless seats look nice in principle . . . until you try sitting in them !!

I wish I could share the vendor's optimism as to the state of the body and chassis, but experience thus far with our Peerless suggests otherwise . . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alec

I did think he was being very ambitious on his price. It would still need everything doing. Best thing was its very nearly complete which is always a bonus with one of these cars.

Stuart.

Cheers,

Alec

Have to agree the price was a bit over the top, if I was in the market I would try a cheeky offer, in the current climate any cash is good cash

Alan

Stuart,

'very nearly complete' . . . hmmm, there are a number of significant missing bits, of the hard to find variety, and no pics of the underside, or the boot. The integrity of the fibreglass, and particularly the gelcoat, is damn difficult to determine until the paint is off - but I know where my money would be ! Similarly the dodgiest chassis (spaceframe) tubes are more than difficult to inspect with the body on, and usually are justifiably suspect . . . .

Alan,

in this case an offer discounting the asking price by 50% probably wouldn't be too cheeky, but I guess a Peerless is a fairly rare commodity in Canada ?

Ben,

Slower than I'd hoped (of course!) but it is progressing - I'll try and get a couple of pics up soon. And thanks for the interest.

Cheers,

Alec

Compared to some that I've seen this isn't too bad.

OK, it's missing a door handle (Pennant rear will do)

the rear lights are wrong, (but Holdens keep them, at huge cost)

and of course the unique headlight trims (thank you spares fund!)

But it does have most of the essential stuff, rear window, steering wheel,

window gear with winders, passable interior, radiator, tank cover plates.

And the body doesn't seem too damaged, not cut about or collapsed.

The side windows are flat glass anyway.

Alex is probably right about the chassis, (no photos of footwells, or under the back seat)

but it isn't dragging on the ground so the space bit is probably in usable condition even if the frame bit isn't.

If it has race history then 15K is a bit cheeky, but these cars can fetch good prices in the US.

FF

No link at all with the seller but found a peerless for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...d=p4506.c0.m245

yea have talked to this guy in the past and I have had people email me asking if this is a good price, well it is for seller!

this car has (from the pics shown) all the right bits but far to expensive.