According to the TR5 Parts Book which I have here, the front indicators (those in the radiator grille) had either Amber Lens (Part 508164) or White lens (505886) - no indication in my book as to which markets these were fitted!

For the rear, the Parts Book lists both Amber Flasher Lens (214542) and Red (214541), without any information as to which was fitted for any given market!

In the TR4 Parts Book, the Amber lens for the rear trafficators has the note: "All markets except USA & Canada". The Red lens for the rear trafficator says: "USA & Canada only". At the front of the TR4, an Amber lens is listed for all markets except Switzerland, USA & Canada, where the glass is White (clear, I assume!). Perhaps this gives a clue as to what might have been fitted on the TR5, but well worth waiting for information from those members with TR5/250 in the USA.

Good luck,

Ian Cornish

I recently noticed that the I have one amber and one red turn lense.How I didnt see this before I have no idea!? The red one looks older so im thinking its correct. Anybody know what is the correct one?

25023.jpg

This is a pic of my TR250 in Maine USA showing the grille lenses as amber, its a US spec car of course.

hope it helps.

Edited by pfenlon
I recently noticed that the I have one amber and one red turn lense.How I didnt see this before I have no idea!? The red one looks older so im thinking its correct. Anybody know what is the correct one?

Jeff: When the 250 was being sold in the USA, the tail light lens color scheme depended on the requirements of the state where you lived. For example my 250 was originally titled in NC and would have been delivered with red/amber, but it had red/red when I acquired it in 1983. When we restored the car in 1985 we went with red/amber which is correct and in my opinion looks better. I now live in PA where the scheme would have been red/red. You can go with either scheme. I have never known this to be questioned during safety inspection (MOT).

Cheers, fja

Jeff: When the 250 was being sold in the USA, the tail light lens color scheme depended on the requirements of the state where you lived. For example my 250 was originally titled in NC and would have been delivered with red/amber, but it had red/red when I acquired it in 1983. When we restored the car in 1985 we went with red/amber which is correct and in my opinion looks better. I now live in PA where the scheme would have been red/red. You can go with either scheme. I have never known this to be questioned during safety inspection (MOT).

Cheers, fja

Very interesting Frank. I was at the BI event in Stowe, VT this weekend and did a quick survey of the half a dozen or so TR250's and found that half of them had red and half had amber rear turn lenses. The attendees are mostly east coast (NY, PA, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, ME, VT etc) and Ontario cars although who knows where these TR250's started life.

Stan

Very interesting Frank. I was at the BI event in Stowe, VT this weekend and did a quick survey of the half a dozen or so TR250's and found that half of them had red and half had amber rear turn lenses. The attendees are mostly east coast (NY, PA, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, ME, VT etc) and Ontario cars although who knows where these TR250's started life.

Stan

Hi Stan. I always wanted to attend that show but never made it. I understand it is one of the best. Maybe next year and hopefully with the finished 3A! :)

Hi Stan. I always wanted to attend that show but never made it. I understand it is one of the best. Maybe next year and hopefully with the finished 3A! :)

Its a great event Frank as long as the weather is not pouring rain as it was last year. This year the weather was perfect, Main street in Stowe village was closed off on Friday with only show cars allowed to park in the street and the Beatles revival band was a lot of fun. Stowe is a beautiful location in the Vermont mountains and the event usually attracts around 600 or more cars from three wheel Morgans to Rolls Royce. Always a LOT of Triumphs (I counted over 50 TR6's) and the pub tent servers Fullers beer (London Pride and ESB).

I drank so much beer I'm surprised I was able to stand and model the TR Register International T-shirt

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e119/fos...08/DSC_0039.jpg

The thing stuck on the bonnet is a magnetic sign advertising our club for this event. I had biz cards in the engine compartment to help recruit new members.

Stan

I drank so much beer I'm surprised I was able to stand and model the TR Register International T-shirt

Love the numberplate. :rolleyes:

And there I was thinking you were aged 50+. Certainly had me fooled. :blink:

And is that a Kas Kastner lookalike standing by the yellow Spit, or the real thing ?

Ivor

Love the numberplate. :rolleyes:

And there I was thinking you were aged 50+. Certainly had me fooled. :blink:

And is that a Kas Kastner lookalike standing by the yellow Spit, or the real thing ?

Ivor

I decided to remove any ambiguity with that plate and I dont think Kas Kastner would sneak in without everyone knowing about it. Perhaps it was a replica..

Stan (56 in a couple of weeks, my wife was shooting with the Barbara Walters lens)