Just went last friday to pick up my TR250 from the garage were it was overhauled. Its a factory OD car, jasmine yellow colour is not a very unanimous colour but the important is that I like and its different from the "normal" colours seen.

I've been driving the car in the last few days the Surrey makes the driving much more silent. I would make it my daily driver but the costs of petrol make it almost impossible. :( Well I might as well drive my diesel car again <_<

Cheers

Carl

post-3560-1199303050_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199303093_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199303121_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199303050_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199303093_thumb.jpg

post-3560-1199303121_thumb.jpg

Just went last friday to pick up my TR250 from the garage were it was overhauled. Its a factory OD car, jasmine yellow colour is not a very unanimous colour but the important is that I like and its different from the "normal" colours seen.

I've been driving the car in the last few days the Surrey makes the driving much more silent. I would make it my daily driver but the costs of petrol make it almost impossible. :( Well I might as well drive my diesel car again <_<

Cheers

Carl

Nice car Carl! I for one really like Jasmine and it does really suit a Michelotti body shape.

Stuart

Cheers

Carl

Looks good Carl, nice to see you have kept the bonnet stripe too.....where are you?

john

Carl

Totally agree with Stuart.

Jasmine suits the car very well - and even if you are still unsure about the colour, at least you can be grateful that it is not another bl**dy red one! ;)

Regards

Peter

No colour prejudice on this site then!

In my experience there don't seem to be that many red Micholetti cars around. Most TR5s in I've come across in recent years are in blue coachwork!

In any event Carl your car looks fantastic and I wish you many happy times driving your lovely motor.

David

No colour prejudice on this site then!

In my experience there don't seem to be that many red Micholetti cars around. Most TR5s in I've come across in recent years are in blue coachwork!

In any event Carl your car looks fantastic and I wish you many happy times driving your lovely motor.

David

David if its any consolation I am restoring a red 5 at the moment.

Stuart.

David if its any consolation I am restoring a red 5 at the moment.

Stuart.

Is there really any other colour? :rolleyes:

For the general public there's no contest for which is the favourite. The thing is with so many examples to choose from in a given colour it raises the bar pretty high for finish quality. So it's good to have a driver in an odd colour to win approval, " patina " notwithstanding <_<

...and despite my earlier comment about red TRs, I suppose I ought to come clean and say that I actually owned a red 6 for 13 years ;)

UYE760M where are you now??

Regards

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
Looks good Carl, nice to see you have kept the bonnet stripe too.....where are you?

john

Hi John,

I'm based in Portugal. I had some thought about keeping the stripe or not, but once the 250's came with stripe I thought it was nice to keep it original. Now I'm sure I've made the right thing.

Cheers

Carl

Nice car Carl! I for one really like Jasmine and it does really suit a Michelotti body shape.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your compliment. I think the same the Jasmine looks great especially when its sunny. Only one minor problem, here in Portugal taxis have a similar colour tone. And I really don't want people to think that my TR is for rent :lol:

Cheers

Carlos

Jas was originaly white and when I saw Harry Eatons Jasmine TR5 four years ago in the concours hall in Malvern next to a signal red one I fell in love with the colour.I was going to paint my TR5 signal Red in honour of my Dad but I am sure he would have understood my choice.Harry had to stop me from trying to lick his car and let me dust a spec off instead.

Apart from the wires it was almost like looking at a photo (from side view)of my TR5 in winter.

Very nice and I am glad you kept the stripes.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :P

Jas was originaly white and when I saw Harry Eatons Jasmine TR5 four years ago in the concours hall in Malvern next to a signal red one I fell in love with the colour.I was going to paint my TR5 signal Red in honour of my Dad but I am sure he would have understood my choice.Harry had to stop me from trying to lick his car and let me dust a spec off instead.

Apart from the wires it was almost like looking at a photo (from side view)of my TR5 in winter.

Very nice and I am glad you kept the stripes.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :P

Hi Harry,

Thanks! Indeed Jasmine is one of those colours in which you have to see a car painted with it to fell in love! I'm very happy with it actually! I also own 2 TR5's one Royal Blue and the other one Conifer Green. Nice colours as well but Jasmine makes the difference I reckon. I think Valencia is another odd colour, you eitheir love it or hate it, I like it, however I know some other guys that really hate this colour.

Cheers

Carl

I think Valencia is another odd colour, you eitheir love it or hate it, I like it, however I know some other guys that really hate this colour.

Cheers

Carl

.................. :(:(:(:(:(:P

john

Hi Harry,

Thanks! Indeed Jasmine is one of those colours in which you have to see a car painted with it to fell in love! I'm very happy with it actually! I also own 2 TR5's one Royal Blue and the other one Conifer Green. Nice colours as well but Jasmine makes the difference I reckon. I think Valencia is another odd colour, you eitheir love it or hate it, I like it, however I know some other guys that really hate this colour.

Cheers

Carl

I really wanted this colour for my TR3 but couldnt match it, its briliantly cheerful,and sophisticated at the same time jasmine / primrose yellow I could not find one that matched the

original triumph colour.

regards

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Carl

I have a TR6 which is coming from California to the UK, and which will then go to Portugal. If you have any information about the process of importing cars into Portugal, I would be very interested. It's difficult to find out the details!

Thank you

Geoff

Hello Carl

I have a TR6 which is coming from California to the UK, and which will then go to Portugal. If you have any information about the process of importing cars into Portugal, I would be very interested. It's difficult to find out the details!

Thank you

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Just sent you a PM, you can e-mail me at cm_pires@yahoo.com

I'll try to help you.

Cheers

Carl