I know this topic has come up before but I am going to have a go at making a pair myself similar to those that Don mentioned in the previous posts but has anybody any idea where to get the hinges from? Also of course any ideas or any thoughts would be appreciated. I know on a long journey side screens are great but like this last weekend when we were staying at St Ives they are a menace to store when you have a lot of 'clobber' with you and all you want to do at night is put the tonneau on.

Nigel (with TS952)

Hi Nigel I have had them on a couple of cars and they do help a bit although not as much as with the full sidescreen on. It would be interesting to know how good they would be combined with your excellent patent windstopper!! I had thought about making some up myself about ten years ago as at that time they were expensive to buy and the original type only came up rarely at places like beaulieu. But as they can be bought new for around £36 a set with a carry bag now I figured it wasnt really worth the effort. I really enjoyed the day at St Ives and it was good to meet you and see your car, Thank you for reminding me that it was on.

Stuart.

I know this topic has come up before but I am going to have a go at making a pair myself similar to those that Don mentioned in the previous posts but has anybody any idea where to get the hinges from? Also of course any ideas or any thoughts would be appreciated. I know on a long journey side screens are great but like this last weekend when we were staying at St Ives they are a menace to store when you have a lot of 'clobber' with you and all you want to do at night is put the tonneau on.

Nigel (with TS952)

Here's another solution from an Aussie web site.

powelln44.jpg

What the f**k is that?!

Australian blind spot or somewhere to put your tinnys to cool off!!! :lol:

Nigel - Back to your original posting, the description I gave earlier was a piece of contoured perspex secured to a support like the front ones on a full sidecurtain where the support is inserted into the front support on the door.

There are no hinges. When you open the door, the wind wing will move out with the door, just like the sidescreen does when you open the door.

Don

Hi All,

I bought some of these at Malvern last year..quite frankly they make little difference

Roger

Just as an update I have been offered (as a loan) a pair of 'original accessory' wind wings. I assume they must be an aftermarket item from the 60's. They are apparently contoured, fairly large and swept out at the bottom. As soon as I get them I will post some piccy's.

Cold beer :blink: I never did find a decent pint down under. Give me Arkells or one of the local Devon/Cornwall real ales any day. Morlands WAS my favourite until somebody that lives less than a mile from us bought the Abingdon Brewery and then shut it. My feelings run high on this one - nuff said

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Lay