New Old Stock TR2/3 Adjustable Steering Wheel on ebay

It's not my auction, and by God it's a lot of money, but if you're looking for one for a concourse restoration, where else are you going to find one.

eBay item 172854570590. Sorry, can't link to the auction from the app on my phone.

here's THE LINK . . . . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TR3-Steering-Wheel-adjustable-coloumn-/172854570590?hash=item283eef6e5e:g:ymkAAOSwBLdZsCiJ

At £550 or offer that's maybe double what I'd regard it as worth, but for someone who really really wants one . . . .

For sure I'd want detailed photos of the whole rim front and back, and of the six spoke end butts before parting with hard earned . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

The original adjustable wheels were absolutely crap. I've never seen a good one before, in fact.

IIRC, the adjustable wheels were available as modern reproductions for a time. Certainly the standard wheel still is, and they're pretty good. Do we think this is an old or new one?

It's listed as coming from Moss so I'd put money on it being a later repro - was it Bluemels that made them?

The originals are indeed crap and 90% of the "surviving" ones seem to have all but disintegrated. Most of the ones I've seen need new rims and aren't really restorable by an amateur. They need to be remoulded in fibreglass again which is about 300 GBP. And almost all of the ones I've seen have the grub screws rusted into them.

So I guess this one is worth whatever a reusable second hand wrecked one is, plus the cost of it being remoulded. Plus a bit for the hassle factor you're missing out on - I sent one to a restorer 2 years ago exactly and still haven't heard back...............