Two 4A questions..

Hi Roger,

You are right, the overdrive controller dis-engages the overdrive when you change gear and you do have to flick the overdive switch up and down to re-engage overdrive. It is also a second line of defence to prevent reverse being engaged in overdrive. The unit was cheap to make, suits my driving style and I wouldn't be without it.

A similar device from Revingtons costs £83.00, mine cost less than £10.00.

Graham

Thanks Roger. But actually not that clear! Nice circuit diagram though..

Hi Roger

Nice little circuit, very cunning using the time constant of C1 R1 to delay the operation of RLy1.

I am not sure why RLy2 had to be DPDT as you appear to be only using one side of it.

Does anyone know the size of the thumbscrews that go into the rear surrey soft-top bar?

Thanks
Dave

====

Thanks Roger.

I have a brand new, still in the bag LHD overdrive switch if anyone is interested.

Steve

I need two 1/4 inch unf knobs, for securing the soft surrey top rear. Not the bolts. Just two female knobs (!).

Preferably nice looking, don't mind what.

No amount of googling seems to find any.

Anybody know of a supplier?

Cheers

Dave

===

I need two 1/4 inch unf knobs, for securing the soft surrey top rear. Not the bolts. Just two female knobs (!).

Preferably nice looking, don't mind what.

No amount of googling seems to find any.

Anybody know of a supplier?

Cheers

Dave

===

Lots of old British motorcycles use a 1/4" unf brake rod adjuster nut. Triumph use an alloy torpedo shaped nut with two ears which could be cut down to length.

Norton have a knurled nut which looks like it may do or Enfield use a 2 eared brass wing nut you will have to check that they have the 1/4" unf thread before ordering.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Andrew

I used brake rod adjusters for a while but they're difficult to get tight. My Surrey now has stepped studs 1/4" to 5/16" so I can use Mini rocker cover T bar nuts.