oil and fuel gauge

hi guys

fitting a new dash into my 6, most of the gauges are OK except for the fuel and oil gauge there not up to it, has any body got these items spare, (black Bessel) and if they have could they sale them to me thanks pinky

contact pinkywhite160@yahoo.co.uk

I will have a look in the garage for you Pinky . The bezzels will come off and you can change them ( bayonette fit ) so you could use a later item with chrome trim . Not sure if the units are identical but possibly will be close enough unless you are after concours . Someone more knowledgable can put you right on that

hi guys

fitting a new dash into my 6, most of the gauges are OK except for the fuel and oil gauge there not up to it, has any body got these items spare, (black Bessel) and if they have could they sale them to me thanks pinky

contact pinkywhite160@yahoo.co.uk

Pinky,

There is an assortment of gauges on e bay at the moment.

Guy

The black bezel gauges have the pointer coming downwards from the top, chrome bezel gauges, the pointer comes from bottom upwards, both types come up periodically on Ebay. You can have the original reconditioned but check that the Smiths face is retained by the reconditioner. I made that mistake and I now have 3 Smiths gauges and one which was reconditioned with a Lucas face.

Regards

Steve

Maybe he has the very rare Lucas oil pressure gauge... Now there's a thought - a lubrication system as unreliable as the electrics :o But seriously, the ammeter was indeed Lucas badged, at least on the ~1971 TR6.

Cheers,

John