TR5 for sale.

Difficult one this, been offered a 5, been off the road for some years, supposedly not rotten, completely stripped, new chassis.

What's it worth???

Thanks.

Rob.

Difficult one this, been offered a 5, been off the road for some years, supposedly not rotten, completely stripped, new chassis.

What's it worth???

Thanks.

Rob.

Rob As you say difficult one especially without seeing it. Is it complete and does it have a v5c also is it a genuine one and not a 250. If you can answer yes to all of those then thats a good start. Next is how much does the vendor want or is it a "make me an offer" situation, also difficult because you dont want to insult them but at the same time you would obviously want to buy it as cheap as possible. If the shell is reasonable then it will save a lot of time and money in repairs but at the least you should budget for floors and sills and rear deck and deck extensions as they all need them, and maybe also rear sections of deck and rear light pockets just to make sure. You could always be cheeky and start at £2000 and see what happens, after all they can only say no and a new chassis is nearly £2000 to start.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Agree with you Alec but if someone rung me up offering that as a blind shout you have got to start somewhere (you never know they may be desperate for money and a handful of cash sometimes speaks volumes) and as i said its difficult to quantify any car unseen. I am lucky that my overheads arent as high as some so that i can still do restorations to a high standard without it turning into second mortgage figures. Surrey top would obviously be a major bonus as i know of several cars that have changed hands with one and owners have sold the surrey and used the money to fund the start of restorations!!

Stuart.

Hi Rob,

Rob Forster and I went to look at a 5 late last year which had stood for 18 years, needed some chassis repairs, engine rebuild, 4 new outer wings, doors and a boot lid. After some haggling Rob picked it up for £ 4200-00 which I thought was cheap after seeing what some people have paid for cars in a worst state

Hope this helps

:blink:

Do I really want another 2 year project?

Course not, but I'll do my best to buy it anyway!

My gut instinct was £3k, let's see-watch this space-visiting the car tomorrow afternoon.

Rob.

What's it worth???

Thanks.

Rob.

Hi rob, if you look at a previous post my friend is looking for 5,if you buy it and want a profit the customer is waiting ,regards nick.

Possibly also a one owner car-never previously refurb'd, chassis is an original production item, rescued from GKN factory, it was a display item-suspended from the ceiling!

Looking forward to meeting the remains tomorrow, both of us stuck working today if the predicted bright spell turns out in the morning, going to visit in the 4, nice 100 mile round trip to buy a 5. Does it get much better?

Should I work towards a full set - 2,3,4,5,6 then stop suddenly!!!!! Sorry Malcolm :lol:

More manana

Rob.

Just got back, it is an original 5 Surrey top+overdrive.

Rotten inner wings, pillars, floors, sills, wing rear inner sections.

Engine in bits, everything else in lots of bits.

All in all a very terrifying prospect, looks like it may be a bit far gone to make sense, we couldn't however fix a price between us!

The owner is going to do some investigating and get back to me.

I'll wait and see!

Rob.

PS. HAD17462 - PM me.

Edited by robgeev

;) Rob looks like my original estimate of £2000 starting price wasnt so silly after all!!!

I take it the guy was a bit ambitious on his price then as you couldnt agree on anything.

Stuart

All in all a very terrifying prospect, looks like it may be a bit far gone to make sense, we couldn't however fix a price between us!

I'll wait and see!

Rob.

PS. HAD17462 - PM me.

I'll wait and see!

Rob.

PS. HAD17462 - PM me.

Hi rob tx me your number and i will phone you back,having problem with pm,regards nick 07958246556.