Tr4 shut in barn for years.

HI All,

I had an interesting day.

Went to a local Classic Car Club meet today in my Tr6. Before leaving i was yapping to a fellow Tr chap, and an old chap came up to me admired my Tr6, and asked me if i would like to have a Tr4 which has been sitting in his barn for years rusting, he said it may be useful to me as spares! All i have to do is take it away, and its all mine.

Very interesting i think so am going to arrange to have a look at the during the week.

Regards

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

[attachment=855:attachment

Hi been to see Tr4.

It needs lots and lots.not actually in a barn but in a car port and covered over for five years. The original owner put it there five years ago with the intention of moving it two months. No doors , boot grille bumpers etc, see attachements. Floors rusted through and alot of bodged workmanship. Chassis from what i could see, which was not alot, had surface rust. Engine , gearbox rear axle and exhaust all there.

CTC70952

70641 CT

Registration J13500 (PROBABLY)

etc etc etc.

Regards Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

But if you do take up the offer Guy, please restore it (someday) rather than break it for e bay

Hi Andrew,

I would not break it up for ebay, i would enjoy restoring her, but would take me a good few years only as i have nver tackled anything like this one before, and buy that i mean doing it myself properly, anything i could not do would have to be done by a professional[

Cheers Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
  • 5 years later...

Chaps

An update on this 6 year old thread.

The owner never got back to me, and i didnt chase him.

Today i had a call my ex wifes Uncle Bill. He is clearing a farm, and said theres an old Tr6 bit rusty but got to .

Owner parked it up 24 years ago with the intention of restoreing it and never did.

Anyway am going to look at it tomorrow, it dawned on me could it be the same car, and Bill doesnt know the difference

between a Tr4 or 6.

I have looked for the pictures i had taken of the Tr4a but cant locate them, i do recall it had a bush growing out of the boot.

Cheers

GUY