Wanted: Sapphire Blue TR6 for wedding

Hello Andew and Sarah,

I own a saphire blue Tr6 , unfortunately i am afar way from Wiltshire.

But i am sure some one will help you out.

However it would be interesting to know your reason for selecting a tr6 as a wedding car and also why Saphire Blue

Good Luck

Guy.

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Andrew abd Sarah

Try Tony at 'The Open Road'. He has a Yellow TR6 and a dark blue TR4A but he is very helpful and may be able to point you in the right direction.

His website and contact details http://www.theopenroad.co.uk/

Good Luck

Graeme

Yes that's right, I'm sure there would be room for the two of us plus Oily in the Bridal Suite!

To answer some of your questions, the wedding is taking place near Shaftsbury and the reason we are specifically looking for a Sapphire Blue TR6 is that Sarah's dad used to own one but very reluctantly had to sell it 30 years ago when Sarah's brother was born. Although Sarah's dad did consider putting the baby seat between the two speakers on the back shelf but was quickly over ruled by Sarah's mum! We are hoping to surprise him on the day.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions

Andrew and Sarah

Hi Andrew and Sarah

Ita a very sad day when you have to part with your Tr6, as another matter of interest would you know what the registration of Sarahs dads car was? as you never know it may be known to one of us, and that would be brilliant to be able to use sarahs dads old car.

Good Luck

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal
Hi Andrew and Sarah,

The wedding can't be far from here, as I'm in Mere, 10 minutes from Shaftesbury.

I'll happily offer overnight accommodation (foc) to your TR chauffeur . . .

Cheers,

Alec

Hmm, how do you chauffeur two soon to be wed or newlyweds in a TR6 ?. I got the impression from the OP that he's looking to borrow a car and not a car and driver.

Stan

• 1 month later...

Hello,

We managed to find an old photo of Sarah's Dad's TR6 on the weekend complete with number plate and would love to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts of this car.

The registration was AVC 35L

Cheers

Andrew and Sarah

sa.flarriot@blueyonder.co.uk

0783 370 8484

Hi Andrew and Sarah

Ita a very sad day when you have to part with your Tr6, as another matter of interest would you know what the registration of Sarahs dads car was? as you never know it may be known to one of us, and that would be brilliant to be able to use sarahs dads old car.

Good Luck

Guy

Edited by flares
Hello,

We managed to find an old photo of Sarah's Dad's TR6 on the weekend complete with number plate and would love to hear from anyone who knows the whereabouts of this car.

The registration was AVC 35L

Cheers

Andrew and Sarah

sa.flarriot@blueyonder.co.uk

0783 370 8484

Hello Andrew and Sarah

According to the DLVC website it lives!! and the colour is still listed as blue, so you never know......

Good Luck

Regards

Steve R

Hello Andrew and Sarah,

As noted by Steve, AVC 35L is still live on the DVLA with a date of liability of the 1st June 2007. Unfortunately it is not in the Register, or if it is the details haven't been sent in. It was last in the Register in February 1983 owned at that time by a Richard Warder from Suffolk. Best of luck with your search and best wishes for the future.

regards

Derek

Thanks for the information guys,

At least we know that it is still on the road somewhere. Any ideas how we might find the current owner of this TR6? I'm guessing DVLA will only give out this sort of information to the Police etc

Cheers

Andrew and Sarah

DVLA web site

Down load form V888 and fill in the relevant bits

Attach with a covering letter stating your trying to trace current owner and reason, pay £5 and they should send you all details of previous owners - mine took about a month to come through