Plastic windscreen film

Hi Folks,

to run alongside the Cerium Oxide glass cleaner in another post  has anybody got any knowledge/experience of the plastic film that can be applied to the front glass screen

How much, how effective, how to do etc.

I need a new screen (beyond cleaning) and would be interested in protecting it.

Roger

Roger

Presumably similar to those film covers that you get on new phones or anything else with a glass screen to protect in transit. I would have thought with any amount of dust in the air the first time it rained and you used the wipers the scratches would negate any advantage there may be in using it.

Stuart.

32 minutes ago, brenda said:

Hi Roger, have a look at this outfit they don’t give a price but the Q&A is pretty good for info.

Mike Redrose Group 

IMG_4580.jpeg

Direct link http://clearplex.co.uk/

Stuart.

56 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Looks interesting. Anybody got a feel on the cost.

Roger

I suspect it`ll probably be in the region of " If you have to ask you cant afford it!" ;):lol:

Stuart.

Roger it’s worth looking at the paint protection systems like Q tech etc - I have been using these for a while and they do seem to give at least some protection.

I have my doubts on any sort of wrap as they tend to scar when hit by stones and then dirt gets under them. Tried that.

Regards

Tony