Original TR2 Paint Code Please

Hi, I am restoring my family owned from new 1954 TR2, and need some help please reference the paint colour. On the original receipt it is pearl white, however this is now discontinued. Could anyone please help with the modern equivalent?

Welcome to the forums Shaun.  No doubt someone will be along soon with an up-to-date answer but in the mean time there have been several discussions about this colour in the past  as a forum search will show, e.g.  : -     

(click on the arrow top right to see it)

Edited by RobH
  • John Morrison changed the title to Original TR2 Paint Code Please

Hi Shaun, 

yes welcome to our forum, and congratulations on

restoring your families Tr2.

I have changed the title of your post, to hopefully better solicit replies from those who can help.

Hope this is OK/

regards

John.

A dig around t'internet comes up with this link to a list on the TR Register France webpages. On there it says that Pearl White for the era is ICI code 2857.

My car was originally Pearl White and when it was restored ~11 years ago I considered putting it back to original colour from the orangey red it was at the time, but as you can see, I didn't.

15 hours ago, ShaunG said:

Hi, I am restoring my family owned from new 1954 TR2, and need some help please reference the paint colour. On the original receipt it is pearl white, however this is now discontinued. Could anyone please help with the modern equivalent?

Give Ken or Lynn a ring as they will be able to supply you with the correct colour as they have for me for more than 20 yrs https://www.carrestorationpaints.co.uk/ FWIW I have not long refinished this Italia in that colour .

Stuart.

922958851_IMG_1697-Copy.thumb.JPG.53d0b711408e8002a054e67fdf51f3b9.JPG