Carburettors not barbies,  I seemed to have a lost a very useful site I think by Dave Andrews for calculating the chokes and jets for different sized engines and CC for weber DCOE carbs, does it still exist, does anybody have the link please?

John

Thanks Charlie, thats the one,  I tried the program but it says this program will not run on my computer, .....   Any ideas please.

John

Its getting blocked by lots of web extension guards, not sure if this will work but try this

Stuart.

carbs.zip

18 hours ago, John L said:

It seems I dont have W8 on my machine any more, there must be another way.......?

John

Doesnt the file I posted above work for you John? If not then this page might help instead http://www.tr3a.info/WeberDCOEinfo.htm

Stuart.

18 hours ago, John L said:

It seems I dont have W8 on my machine any more, there must be another way.......?

John

John,

I downloaded the document from stuart and made a pdf in order to save it - worked for me on W10.

A  copy is on your PM list.

regards

Bob 

Thanks to both the last posters, it has opened the document, but its actually the program I wanted to open, as you can choose the engine size, chokes, and then it gives a starting point for the jet sizes that I'm really after, thanks for your help.

The info I'm trying to get is a base line jet sizes for a Peugeot 205 Rallye eu spec, 40DCOM, there are 2 of them, its an amazing pocket rocket 1274cc with 103hp and 750 kg!  I'm sure the petrol has changed since 1988 when it came out, so wanted to find, I think now getting info from the 205 Rallye forum in France and finding out what the use currently.  Ive already tried Webcom UK and the Carb Hospital with no luck.

Thanks again for your work!

John

16 minutes ago, John L said:

Thanks to both the last posters, it has opened the document, but its actually the program I wanted to open, as you can choose the engine size, chokes, and then it gives a starting point for the jet sizes that I'm really after, thanks for your help.

The info I'm trying to get is a base line jet sizes for a Peugeot 205 Rallye eu spec, 40DCOM, there are 2 of them, its an amazing pocket rocket 1274cc with 103hp and 750 kg!  I'm sure the petrol has changed since 1988 when it came out, so wanted to find, I think now getting info from the 205 Rallye forum in France and finding out what the use currently.  Ive already tried Webcom UK and the Carb Hospital with no luck.

John

No idea what that program is supposed to run on as it wont run on W10 either.

Stuart.

29 minutes ago, John L said:

John

Why not Email him and ask him if he can supply it in a compatible format, It looks like it might have been written in WXP Dave@DVAPower.com

Stuart.

5 hours ago, stuart said:

No idea what that program is supposed to run on as it wont run on W10 either.

Stuart.

Runs on 7.

Mick Richards