Surrey top glass seal

Hi All.

Well after fitting my glass into the Surrey this is what I’m left with. The seal,was from Moss but didn’t appear to be too long as I’ve heard they should be. Is it like this because the seal is too short ?

cheers Mark

IMG_0691.jpeg

2 hours ago, marki said:

Hi All.

Well after fitting my glass into the Surrey this is what I’m left with. The seal,was from Moss but didn’t appear to be too long as I’ve heard they should be. Is it like this because the seal is too short ?

cheers Mark

IMG_0691.jpeg

What was the rubber fit to the glass like before fitting? If there was any slack was it placed at the corners? Have you tried to flip the rubber out a bit and push it down to the corner? Is that a Honeybourne frame?

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
2 hours ago, marki said:

It’s an original frame, and when the seal went on there was no slack left.

mark

I talked to Moss technical director while I was writing the above post,, his advice was take it out and check again for slack that should be located at the corners.

Stuart.

Well that’s another win for the forum, took the glass out fitted as per the advice you gave and hey presto.

IMG_2108.jpeg