I have had a successful day so far, MoT on the VW Passat, rain stopped, Dog ready for exercise and I am ready for a light lunch. But there is a small problem at home.

The Kitchen Craft stainless steel spring loaded ice cream scoop has a small semi elliptical ring that will spin round the inside of the scoop when the handles are pressed together. The ice cream is released and a second one is easy to carve out. This has been in use for years. 

Recently the rotating ring has become loose on the operating rod which spins it. The connection is only a  2.0mm pin which looks as if it was connected  by some sort of press. It is now loose. Is there any adhesive which I can buy to repair the connection which comes under some pressure when the ice cream has just come out of the 'fridge ?

In the garage I have a collection  of 2 pack adhesives but there is no S/S on the SU carbs or the TR in general. So I am looking for a very strong adhesive in a very small quantity. Can anyone help please. ??

Richard & B

If you warm the scoop in hot water immediately before you use it there is next to no pressure on the ring so it doesn't need to be mega-strong.