There are two corrugated hoses taking the air to my air filter. What is their purpose as all it seems to do is take the air from the Left hand side rather than the right. One of my hoses had come unclipped and was dangling down near the road but luckily I had not been though any water or out in the rain. Should they be attached to a specific place? I am tempted to remove them, is this a good idea?

2 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Don’t they help reduce the hot air from the radiator going into the plenum ?

Hi Jonny, that’s what I always assumed.

I've fitted them because I had the material on hand but wondered why and directed them towards the holes in the lower valance. She's not for racing otherwise I'd bin the air filter and fit a K&N filer as it seems a restrictive arrangement. 

Andy

9 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

Don’t they help reduce the hot air from the radiator going into the plenum ?

I repositioned mine to have the horns facing the drivers side mudguard in the hope of picking up colder air with less pressure drop. Just looked at a Triumph 2.5 PI manual- the hoses are gone and the horns point down.

Edited by Mike C