Can someone confirm that this is a genuine TR8?

Evening all.

I'm currently looking at what is supposed to be a genuine production 1980 TR8 that has been imported from North America and converted to RHD.

I have no reason to disbelieve the current owner but would obviously like to confirm this to be correct.

The factory number is listed on our local (NZ) data lookup system as TPVD8AT210274.  From what I can find online this seems to be missing the important V before the 8.  I presume this to be a simple data input error at the time it was imported and issued with a local VIN plate.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Gavin.

Edited by KiwiTR6
1 hour ago, KiwiTR6 said:

Evening all.

I'm currently looking at what is supposed to be a genuine production 1980 TR8 that has been imported from North America and converted to RHD.

I have no reason to disbelieve the current owner but would obviously like to confirm this to be correct.

The factory number is listed on our local (NZ) data lookup system as TPVD8AT210274.  From what I can find online this seems to be missing the important V before the 8.  I presume this to be a simple data input error at the time it was imported and issued with a local VIN plate.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Gavin.

Go onto Facebook and look up Triumph TR7 Owners Page a chap called Christopher Kenneth Smith will be able to give you all Chapter and Verse.

The TR7 has a whole team of registrars in the TR Register, including Phil Horsley and Christopher Kenneth Smith, and they can be contacted on the club email system at wedgeregistrar@tr-register.co.uk

Good luck
Ian