A 1964 VSCC period film - enjoy

Hi folks it’s been a while since I have added another of dads period films to youtube. I have made this 1964 period film in a YouTube format. Originally 16mm film on this Bolex clockwork camera.

lots of car you will recognise, many to be found at Goodwood or million ££ auctions.

brush painting an original ERA -!!!!   And some faces and names some of you may recognise.

i hope you enjoy a nostalgic 1/2 hour. :D

IMG_0035.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Great stuff again, thanks Hamish.

I've just finished having my mother's 8mm films digitised and found some of my brother doing driving tests in his MGA. Mum only had a fixed lens Bell & Howell camera, we were envious of the semiprofessionals with Bolexes!

Pete

58 minutes ago, Deggers said:

Another great upload. That Bolex is a work of art.

Did your Dad have duplicate films made, and ship them out to regional VSCC groups? Or were they shown just the once, perhaps at an annual club meet?

Cheers, Deggers

I believe he made just the one copy ( that was about 4:1 film taken to that used )

there was one major club showing but he also used to take all his kit to various regional groups for film nights.

H

18 hours ago, Deggers said:

It's great to see them reaching a new and wider audience through your Youtube channel, Hamish. What do you suppose he would've made of the modern viewing figures? One of his BRSCC films alone has over 160,000 views. 

That's quite a lot of regional group film nights!  ^_^

He was impressed with the YouTube concept as I used it to share my TR3a films in a way he could see them. Ie on line.

i did discus the possibility of putting his films online as he had embraced technology having already converted his 16mm to video using Umatic hi band masters to then use these to go to vhs for retail via duke marketing. Then later to dvd. And he was very enthusiastic, as he just wanted to people to enjoy them, and less about the money. thus after he died I started to put them on line using the more known BRSCC events to gauge the audience 

the first being this one

but your are right Deggers some have big viewing figures and when I told mum she was amazed and very Pleased.

his old films are well worth searching for amongst  the less viewed TR stuff of mine!

I still have more vscc films to go.

16 hours ago, Hamish said:

. . . he just wanted people to enjoy them . . .

It's an impressive catalogue of work Hamish. And Youtube is certainly the right platform for archiving, sharing and preserving original films like these. Those old reels of celluloid won't last forever.

Looking forward to more uploads in the future.

Deggers

Wonderful films Hamish but one niggle about some of them which is common to many old films on Youtube - the picture format is wrong.  That VSCC film is squashed vertically having been stretched to the wrong format, whereas the FJ one is correct.  None of the vintage cars are as wide and low as they appear there and I am sure the wheels should be round, not oval.  Old films were 4x3 not 16 x 9....