Classic Le Mans

Hi,

I am trying to organise next summer. My son wants to go to the Interclub Meeting at Malvern 28/30 June in Malvern. I am very interested in that week-end but he is also suggesting Classic Le Mans. I have done a short Google search and a Dutch TR club suggest that there is some French activity in 2024

Has anyone done some better homework than I have. Please let me know and I can start saving up.:)

Richard & B

CLM happens every two years.  It was on the even date, but 2023 was the centenary year of the first 24 Hours of Le Man's, and the CLM organisers climbed on the band wagon so we had  CLM this year.  We had a bloody good meet, with a special race for Bentleys only (they had missed the actual Bentley centenary in 2021)

Next year, 2024, there is no CLM and presumably they will henceforth be held on the ODD years, starting 2025.

So you and your son, Richard,  can look forward to then!  Meanwhile, perhaps https://allevents.in/reims/reims-champagne-tour-2024/200025392401103?ref=eventlist-cat. ?  It will visit the extraordinary, preserved pits and grandstands of le Circuit du Gueux, see https://www.amis-du-circuit-de-gueux.fr/

John

Edited by john.r.davies

The Triumph Club de France organise an excellent national event held over the Ascension holiday weekend. It has not been announced yet but I believe that it will be in Alsace on the 9th to 12th May 2024. 

Mick

I was at the Classic Le Mans this summer and it was an excellent event, not to be missed. It was very busy but it was the centenary, I've never seen so many Cricklewood Bentleys all in one place, over 70 I believe. Unlike previous years there was no TR Register presence which was disappointing and only two Dorettis, we had a dozen one year. I took my Citroen Light 15 which got the French Traction owners excited, they rarely see a British built Citroen. Usually camp but getting too old for that so we rented a flat in the centre of the town and used the excellent tram system to get to the circuit.

Cheers Richard