RAL colour chart

I am hoping somebody may be able to help me here. I have a Signal red 4a (65) with steel wheels which i am blasting and re-painting white. I wanted to have them painted the correct shade of white which i believed was Spa White - however there is a lot of debate about this especially as it seems that Triumph stopped using Spa white as a body colour in 1963 and it has been suggested that for wheels they quite possibly used any paint that was left over (recent thread in the TR4 forum).

For the wheels i am not that fussy to be honest and i would be happy with Spa white or New white or anything in between. However i am currently working on a Surrey hardtop which when ready for painting i would like to try and keep to what it would have been originally and to match with the same shade of white as the wheels. Considering that Spa white was no longer used after 1963 i assume the correct colour for the Surrey hardtop would have been paint code 19 "New white". Piggott just says Surrey hard tops were available in black, white or body colour.

So my question is has any member matched new white 19 with a modern RAL number? Here is the RAL colour chart on Wiki;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RAL_colours

I think RAL 9016 Traffic white could be a contender. Scrolling down the list of colours the "RAL Design System+" chart seems to have a lot more variations such as Cream White H090L93C05 or Fog white H100L93C05

I would love to hear from anyone who has been through the same procedure trying to match original Triumph colours with modern RAL codes. Thanks, Richard

Also don’t forget, RAL colours On a computer screen may not be a true representation unless the screen is very well calibrated.

RAL charts are pretty inexpensive if you want to get it right, or go to a good paint factors and look at their charts.

Have spoken with a couple of sprayers here in Spain and both asked for the RAL code. I have found the following codes online but no RAL code:

Ditzler PPG: 8380

Dupont: 8449

Glasurit: TIB-133, TIB133

Martin Senour: 25429

Sherwin Williams: 9711 

ICI: 3738  

I suppose there is no exact RAL code. There's various vendors of "Triumph 19 New White paint" on UK Ebay so if i can figure out a way to have some sent over from the UK i will just try and spray the wheels myself and have done with it.

26 minutes ago, Besalu said:

Have spoken with a couple of sprayers here in Spain and both asked for the RAL code. I have found the following codes online but no RAL code:

Ditzler PPG: 8380

Dupont: 8449

Glasurit: TIB-133, TIB133

Martin Senour: 25429

Sherwin Williams: 9711 

ICI: 3738  

I suppose there is no exact RAL code. There's various vendors of "Triumph 19 New White paint" on UK Ebay so if i can figure out a way to have some sent over from the UK i will just try and spray the wheels myself and have done with it.

I have had paint sent from the UK using eBay without a problem, you just have to make sure they offer international delivery. Not cheap though

cheers

Alan