Permanent PI fuel pressure gauge?

24 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

+1 I use Gates Barricade SAE J30R14, mine are over 5 years old no smells.

Its also rated for Methanol too which is the worst fuel for permeation.

Stuart.

I wanted a fuel pressure gauge permanently fitted but I didn't want to run a fuel line into the passenger compartment. Lucas originally intended for the PRV to be mounted on the Metering Unit, Triumph disagreed but there remains an unused boss on the MU. I had my MU reconditioned by KMI, whilst there I had them drill and tap the boss to take an electronic pressure sender unit. I use a gauge from www.speedhut.com, the one I have is a 200 PSI unit which is great as the running pressure is just over vertical on the display, unfortunately I think they only offer a 160psi unit now.

Ian

mu.jpg

21 hours ago, iani said:

Lucas originally intended for the PRV to be mounted on the Metering Unit, Triumph disagreed but there remains an unused boss on the MU.

That's interesting Ian. I've always thought that the PRV should be there too. The longer low pressure run back to the tank would provide extra cooling, especially if it was a metal pipe. I wonder if that's what Lucas had in mind? I imagine the Triumph cost engineers baulked at the extra cost of the longer return pipe - cheapskates!

21 hours ago, iani said:

I had them drill and tap the boss to take an electronic pressure sender unit.

Very neat indeed. I like that!

Cheers, Richard

Iain,

My electronic sender sits on a T-piece and short length of Aeroquip, under the bonnet.    Where is this "unused boss" that may be drilled to take a sensor, please?

Your solution is most ingenious, but I need a pointer to where it is!

John

1 hour ago, john.r.davies said:

Iain,

My electronic sender sits on a T-piece and short length of Aeroquip, under the bonnet.    Where is this "unused boss" that may be drilled to take a sensor, please?

Your solution is most ingenious, but I need a pointer to where it is!

John

Here's an untapped MU John, the boss is clearly visible.

Ian

boss.jpg