changing my windscreen on my TR5

Hi all, just joined the TR club after getting a hold of a TR5. All new to me, had a 911 997 C4GTS before the TR5, so big difference.

I am looking for some help/advice, I have to get the windscreen changed out due to loads of really bad scratches!   

A local company to me in Aberdeen has offered to do the job, that have asked if I require the clear or tinted green windscreen? I was thinking about the gree, the TR5 is dark blue. Has anyone fitted a green tinted windscreen and if so would it be possible to send me a photo so I can see what it looks like.  

Cheers John 

020a.jpg

Just now, John Brown said:

Thanks Roger, I’m kind of drown to the green tinted one.

Its not actually that much of a tint so not really noticeable. At one time you could get a top tint but havent seen them for years.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, John Brown said:

Hi all, just joined the TR club after getting a hold of a TR5. All new to me, had a 911 997 C4GTS before the TR5, so big difference.

I am looking for some help/advice, I have to get the windscreen changed out due to loads of really bad scratches!   

A local company to me in Aberdeen has offered to do the job, that have asked if I require the clear or tinted green windscreen? I was thinking about the gree, the TR5 is dark blue. Has anyone fitted a green tinted windscreen and if so would it be possible to send me a photo so I can see what it looks like.  

Cheers John 

020a.jpg

Whilst not a TR5, this is my TR6, with Green tint and top tint screen.  (Green drop glass, too).

Cheers.

6 WINDSCREEN.jpg

14 hours ago, Neilson said:

Hi John, beautiful car by the way.

I believe the green TR250 at Bicester Sports & Classics has a green windscreen and side screens by the look of it…

https://bicestersportscars.co.uk/car-sales/1968-triumph-tr250-fast-road-spec-2/

Neil

Ouch, so much wrong with that.

Stuart.