Importing

Anyone had any experience/recommendations importing a car from the USA please mainly current fees regarding import tax, duties etc, much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I used Kingsdown and had no problems at all. However it turned out they used a shipping company (in Southampton) and in fact I dealt with them direct for the most part. It also turned out that I could have simply gone to them in the first place rather than an agent. They were very good and kind of wished I had.

I was surprised at how easy the whole thing was. In fact a doddle. My seller took the TR6 to Houston docks and checked in the car. I waithed a few weeks for the car to be shipped. I got an app to monitor the ship's progress. I got a call from the Southampton shippers saying I could collect the car. So, so simple.

6 hours ago, Richard Pope said:

I used Kingsdown and had no problems at all. However it turned out they used a shipping company (in Southampton) and in fact I dealt with them direct for the most part. It also turned out that I could have simply gone to them in the first place rather than an agent. They were very good and kind of wished I had.

I was surprised at how easy the whole thing was. In fact a doddle. My seller took the TR6 to Houston docks and checked in the car. I waithed a few weeks for the car to be shipped. I got an app to monitor the ship's progress. I got a call from the Southampton shippers saying I could collect the car. So, so simple.

Richard - that's interesting as my car went to Southampton - can you give me the name of the Southampton Shipping Company - their name might be on the import paper work I have, but I must confess, it didn't register with me

many thanks in advance 

Matt