At the weekend my grandson, aged 16 , came to visit and wanted to walk the dogs in the fields and  on the foot path.  He did not have any substantial shoes and he borrowed my Timberland boots which are in good condition but old. In a short distance the sole came loose on the right foot and after attempts to use the laces to  tie it on and locate it firmly, it came off completely.  The other side was the same after a few 100 yards. Inside the makers confirm that they are made in the USA and the materials are imported

I put them in the airing cupboard overnight and now will attempt a repair. The sole is glued to the leather. The glue must be flexible so that the boots can flex as you walk. 

Does any one know a suitable adhesive that will work in the boot repair market ?

Thanks Richard & B

Use polyurethane sealer (Tiger seal etc) works really well.

Much stronger than anything else, & waterproof & flexible.

I have re-sealed my walking boots with it with 100% success.

Bob

Edited by Lebro

I had this with a pair of leather boots and the local independent cobbler - yes we still have one - used a contact adhesive- strong and flexible.

I tried to contact Timberland but they were not helpful. It was the nearest store to where I live and they're not interested at all. If I do not make any progress in a couple of days I will try Tiger seal. Thanks for the link Bob.

Richard & B