Wiper blade length

After several years it has dawned on me that the blades on the 4A are 10".  Perhaps should have noticed given the problems I have had with self detaching arms and repro wheelboxes but some things you just overlook

The ones on the 6 measure 12".

I guess the 4a ones should be the same?

Hi Andy the wipers on my 4a are 10” and looking at the some of suppliers they sell 10” for 4&4a. Don’t know if a 12” would fit. As we are away I can’t try as I have some 11”&12” wipes at home. Someone will come up with the answer.

Mike Redrose Group 

My TR4 has 10" blades, and the righthand end of the right blade sits proud of the bottom of the screen in the Park position.

I think that any longer blade would flap about rather a lot in windy conditions.

Looking at Moss and Revington sites, it would seem that TR4/4A/5 have 10" blades, but TR6 may have 11" blades.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc
18 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

My memory says 10” on TR4/4A/5/250.  And 11” on TR6.   Why the later car that uses the same screen and frame should have longer blades, who knows?

4a and 5 use the same motor, gear wheel and wheel boxes, 6 use a different sweep gear wheel  and stronger motor hence the ability to use the longer blades.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

4a and 5 use the same motor, gear wheel and wheel boxes, 6 use a different sweep gear wheel  and stronger motor hence the ability to use the longer blades.

Stuart.

That makes sense.   Thanks