Anyone recognise this white TR6 UBD 298G

A recent regular classic car auction revealed that most of the cars didn’t get near the lower estimate which shows how the last decade of unrealistic interest rates have now impinged on owners’ perception of their car’s value………

I think the auctioneer’s small print also suggests that the reserve price must be the lower estimate figure. And,     that they can bid on behalf of the seller…….

Regards

Bill 

10 hours ago, David Peel said:

Hi Stuart. Unfortunately I’m still new to this and just starting to get a feel for the cars. May I ask if you can expand on what may not be original. Thanks 

Couple of things from the pictures that I can see, steering wheel, wheel trims and seats. You will find lots of cars don't have original parts, and a lot of the first year only items are not present on many '69 TR's. Still could be a great car there if it checks out upon viewing. 

Gareth

David, as others have noted it is missing a lot of the 1969 model features and you can use this in your discussions with the owner. It also has an age related number plate fitted, its original registration number being ROT 110G. Best of luck it looks to be in nice condition.

Derek

50 minutes ago, saffrontr said:

David, as others have noted it is missing a lot of the 1969 model features and you can use this in your discussions with the owner. It also has an age related number plate fitted, its original registration number being ROT 110G. Best of luck it looks to be in nice condition.

Derek

Thanks Derek. Fingers are firmly crossed. 

1 hour ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Couple of things from the pictures that I can see, steering wheel, wheel trims and seats. You will find lots of cars don't have original parts, and a lot of the first year only items are not present on many '69 TR's. Still could be a great car there if it checks out upon viewing. 

Gareth

Hi Gareth. Thanks for the note back, yes I’m finding that a fully original car is a real needle as most have been reconditioned and upgraded to suit that owner etc. I’m looking for a good solid base (chassis and body etc) with as sound as possible mechanicals to use and improve. So will take a look and see. David 

1 hour ago, David Peel said:

Hi Gareth. Thanks for the note back, yes I’m finding that a fully original car is a real needle as most have been reconditioned and upgraded to suit that owner etc. I’m looking for a good solid base (chassis and body etc) with as sound as possible mechanicals to use and improve. So will take a look and see. David 

Good luck with it, I think white really works well on a '6.

Gareth

5 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Gareth

Also the wing beading to rear deck.

Stuart.

Looks to be pretty good for the price. The interior is slightly 'rough around the edges' - but I prefer that to immaculate (and immaculate is impossible if original / 50 years old).

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2023-09-23/cars/ref-111-1969-triumph-tr6-mrp/

As other have noted it's not been restored to 100% original, in terms of bit and bobs, trim and details, but this is a car to be used not put in a museum.

My TR6 is a 1969, but has what is basically a 'new interior' - though looks good, and is to me everything I'd want a TR6 PI to be.

You need to check it out though, in terms of rust etc, and anything big that might need overhauling, like gearbox, rear diff etc, either if you can do this, do, or take someone who is familiar with Triumphs.