Leather crash pad - how does it compare to the original vinyl?

Hi All,

Please could someone post a picture of their TR6 with leather dash top and crash pads? I am trying to determine if it looks similar to the original but more plush, or if it looks completely different. I know each to their own preference, so I am not asking which is better.

Thanks,

Paul

On 9/25/2023 at 11:38 AM, mleadbeater said:

do they have to be sewn ?

youtube shows a guy covering dashes with many contours with hide, bit by bit.

I was considering doing this myself, with black hide, its very stretchy.

Just a thought 

Mike

Hi Mike,

I think that is what I am aiming for: a non-sewn, leather version of the original. I suspect it is not possible!

Paul

497B3851-7D72-42EF-A6C3-F61011C17253.heic

Hello Paul,

Attached photograph of my TR6 dashboard which may be helpful. You will note the crash pads are stitched at the edges which of course isn't how they were originally supplied when new. However, as with everything its down to personal choice.

Best Regards, Peter

The crash pads and as top is vinyl and was trimmed by TRGB, very pleased with the service and results.

The A-Frame and the rest of the interior was supplied by John Skinner in English hide.